Red_Beard's 75 Tank Build

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to join your post as this is the exact style stand My wife and I want to go with

What is the total width of this stand? Im debating on using either a 75 like you did or a 3ft 65 breeder

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total width of the stand is 60.75 inches. If you can i would go 75, that extra foot of space is great swim space for smaller tangs :)
Also here is a fresh from tonight FTS, with the whole canopy if any one else wants to see. pardon the dirty glass, i havent cleaned it in a few days.
1000007041.jpg

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news... we had the first casualties of 2024. Lost a 4 year old tuxedo urchin and a 5 year old pajama cardinal. Both were not sudden, the urchin was pretty noticeable. the tines started looking untidy and it started hiding in a sheltered shadow spot over the course of a week or so, then quit moving and lost tines, at that point i knew it was the end of the road for that industrious little dude. The pajama just started getting lethargic and hiding too, then was belly up still was eating though. The other urchin and other pajamas are all happy as clams. As an avid practitioner of animal husbandry all we can hope is that for the time we get to enjoy these creatures in our lives, that they are well cared for and lack for nothing.

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, actual update time. Finally got around to making a stand for my autofeeder, this is v1.0. I may revise it as i dont think i am 100% satisfied with it yet. We will see.
1000004953.jpg

I also added a gyre wavemaker. So far i like it! This being my first gyre style pump, i opted cheap in case i hated it and went jebao, scp120. After i added it, I was worried it would be too much flow as even on the lowest setting it was blasting some of my lps, but now that it has been in the tank a few weeks and has a bit of algae it is perfect. Guess it is like a good chowder. Gotta let it simmer a while for best results.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back