RedSea Reefer 350 stocking

YNWA97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I am looking for help & suggestions for stocking my red sea 350 (91 total system gallons). It has been been up and running stable for a few months. I currently have a bubble magus curve 7 skimmer running and plan to also utilize a refugium in the near future to control the bio load. Rocks are getting nice and pink with coralline algae and I currently have a nice clean up with a mix of the following along with a 6 line wrasse and 2 chromis:
Cerith, trochus, turbo, astrea, and nassarius snails, some emerald crabs and some scarlet reef and red dwarf hermits. I will also be adding a skunk cleaner shrimp shortly.

My biggest ask is to know if my current system can hold the bioload of the following in the future or if I should change course on my stocking list. (In no particular order)

2 green chromis (already have)
1 6 line wrasse (already have)
2 Ocellaris clowns
1 firefish
1 bangaii cardinal
1 flame angel
1 tomini tang
1 sandsifting goby & pistol shrimp
(Maybe a bluestreak cleaner wrasse, I have heard mixed things on how they do in captivity some people say they are easy some say they are impossible, thoughts?)
P.s no plans for corals until fish are stocked and happy.

What do you think?
Thanks in advance!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, you should be fine with this stocking list. The tang will be fine initially but will eventually outgrow the system. Other fish to consider: any anthias, flame hawkfish, midas blenny, any dottyback.

OP
OP
YNWA97

YNWA97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, you should be fine with this stocking list. The tang will be fine initially but will eventually outgrow the system. Other fish to consider: any anthias, flame hawkfish, midas blenny, any dottyback.
Great thank you! I will look into the others as well I appreciate the feedback

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two others to consider:

Melanarus wrasse
Pyramid Butterflyfish

I'd also say that, in my experience, the sand-sifting gobies don't quite have enough real estate for their activities in a Reefer 350. If you want to get just a regular shrimp goby (non-sifting) that should be fine. If you must have a sifter, go for one of the smaller ones, like a Rainford's or Hector's. To keep your sand stirred up, I'd suggest using nassarius snails and conches rather than a fish.

OP
OP
YNWA97

YNWA97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two others to consider:

Melanarus wrasse
Pyramid Butterflyfish

I'd also say that, in my experience, the sand-sifting gobies don't quite have enough real estate for their activities in a Reefer 350. If you want to get just a regular shrimp goby (non-sifting) that should be fine. If you must have a sifter, go for one of the smaller ones, like a Rainford's or Hector's. To keep your sand stirred up, I'd suggest using nassarius snails and conches rather than a fish.
Will do thank you! I love the look of the shrimp goby and think I will go with one of those!

Back