OP
OP
TastyScrants

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my Reefer (250), which uses a 500, I run the e drain into the rollermat’s water chamber. You should be able to zoom and see it here, it was also easier to pull the old sump and replace it with a 20L. Below that is a 1200 that is in my Max S500 that I did the same thing. Works great and takes up much less space then the union hack using the other side of the intake.

I think I need to look into setting something like this up on my reefer. At least then I’m getting 100% mechanical filtration when the water does start going down the emergency drain.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then food just goes down to my filter mat and is wasted.
Sorry I wasn’t trying to be unhelpful, generally the food sinks when there’s no power head flow so the top center surface skimmer doesn’t get the food before the fish do. Could just be different setups or maybe my return pump is slower than yours!

OP
OP
TastyScrants

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I wasn’t trying to be unhelpful, generally the food sinks when there’s no power head flow so the top center surface skimmer doesn’t get the food before the fish do. Could just be different setups or maybe my return pump is slower than yours!
No I appreciate the suggestion.

I’ll try that with maybe adjusting the angle of the return nozzle. My pump runs at the recommended 2000L/h so there is enough flow to keep the food in suspension unfortunately.

I’m using the Redsea reef run system. The idea is you hit the feed button in the app and the whole system goes into feed mode. The limitation is on Redseas overflow design.

Thanks for your help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back