Redsea Reefer XL200 - Cycle Started

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

Been out of the hobby for over 16 years so feel like a noob again trying to catch up, just started the Cycle Redsea XL200, spent a number of hours stacking rocks on dinning room table, then spent even longer getting the plumbing in place. In the sump Clarisea 3000, Deltec 509 Reactor, Deltec 10w UV Steriliser, Nyos 120 skimmer, Neptune ATK, Apex at the back
1.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my opinion but I would get all of the electronics out of your cabinet ASAP.. water, salt and humidity don’t mix well with them at all.. If the cabinet is not going to have a door you may be ok.

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my opinion but I would get all of the electronics out of your cabinet ASAP.. water, salt and humidity don’t mix well with them at all.. If the cabinet is not going to have a door you may be ok.
Thanks for the advice door not fitted yet but to be honest I will struggle getting the electrics out, I will have a look and see what I can remove

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having everything tucked away in the cabinet is supper nice but in just a few short years connectors will most likely start to corrode and electronics may start to suffer. the high humidity salt environment along with the enviable splashes can cause real issues. You can lessen the chance of damage by trying to waterproof whatever you can such as covering unused power bar outlets with tape, plastic dipping connectors, drip loops on everything and a couple high CFM pc fans installed to move air through the cabinet will help keep humidity down.

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having everything tucked away in the cabinet is supper nice but in just a few short years connectors will most likely start to corrode and electronics may start to suffer. the high humidity salt environment along with the enviable splashes can cause real issues. You can lessen the chance of damage by trying to waterproof whatever you can such as covering unused power bar outlets with tape, plastic dipping connectors, drip loops on everything and a couple high CFM pc fans installed to move air through the cabinet will help keep humidity down.
Last night I did start to look in detail what I could remove, I think I can remove the 6 way extension and put this at the side of the cabinet and plug some of the devices that were plugged in, great advice about the Apex Energy Bar covering empty sockets and also take your advice regarding covering sockets that have not been used with tape

Ahgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! My xl200 gets to my house on Monday! Curios what return pump and filter mat you used? Is that the stock sump? I've only seen pictures of them so it's hard to compare

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! My xl200 gets to my house on Monday! Curios what return pump and filter mat you used? Is that the stock sump? I've only seen pictures of them so it's hard to compare
Sorry for the slow reply

Return pump is Ecotech S2 - set to 50%

yes its the stock sump, filter Clarisea 3,000

I have also added exteneral 17 litre water top off and also same size Refugium plumbed from the sump

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need any help or advice give me a shout I’m no expert but everything I have done with equipment seems to be working out

Ahgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need any help or advice give me a shout I’m no expert but everything I have done with equipment seems to be working out
I definitely will thank you!

Ahgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hard plumbed the sump to 32mm from the main down pipe, also changed the main Redsea valve to a Gate valve
What is the Clarisea hard to mount and get going? Or was it pretty simple with that sump?

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the Clarisea hard to mount and get going? Or was it pretty simple with that sump?
I thought it was difficult before I did the install, though once I started the plumbing the main return pipe is plumbed straight into the Clarisea 3,000 easy honestly never done it before give me a shout and I can provide more detailed instructions

Thorne23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting about your sump layout. I recently got a 200XL and I am in the middle of laying out how I'm going to fit everything. I really would like to implement a rollermat and it seems like the Clarisea is the best reviewed.

It is a little hard to see exactly what is going on, but it looks like you have it mounted right in front of where the filter sock would normally be. I measured this area on my sump and it looks to be 5.5 inches (140mm) but Clarisea says the width of the rollermat is 145mm. Here is a picture of the corner I think you have it placed.

Sump Rollermat Location.jpg

Did the SK-3000 fit without having to modify the sump at all?

Johnnygreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was difficult before I did the install, though once I started the plumbing the main return pipe is plumbed straight into the Clarisea 3,000 easy honestly never done it before give me a shout and I can provide more detailed instructions
Do you have any details you can share about sump modification to hook up the Clarisea 3000? Just setting up mine and thinking about adding one.

Back