Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else here need a self help group for reef addiction? I can literally sit in front of my reef for hours with some good whiskey and I'm totally relaxed. I love watching the aquatic animals interact. I hate watching TV now. Everything on the news around the world is so depressing for me and I truly fear for my kids future as they grow up but when I sit in front of my tank all my worries disappear and I feel at peace. Of course I'm a Gemini so that may have a part in it or the Glenlivet whiskey but I just spend hours viewing. I don't know why my starfish is upset today and giving me the one finger salute but I will try and make him feel better.

To all the other reef addicts out there, I wish you and your tank well. Some addictions are ok it seems....good night my reefing friends.

20230323_152709.jpg
it’s so true. It gets me off the couch in my “downtime” instead of watching tv. There was a photo circulating the internet at least 15 years ago that showed a coral and a syringe and it was pretty funny. Can’t find it now.
I’ve been spending way too much money trying to get current with the tech as it wasn’t as developed over a decade ago. Interestingly enough, my SWC skimmer still works like a champ after sitting around.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef-Aholics Anonymous is for Quitters!

Seriously though, as a recovering addict, I find the rigors and structure of managing a reef system very therapeutic. It encourages responsibility and if I am slack, it punishes me with ugly tank, dying or dead coral. Sometimes I need this little reminder that maintenance is important, for my health as much as my reefs.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s funny! My wife has no interest in my tank, not even sure she knows I have one even though it’s in the most used room in the house. I could put a beluga whale in it tomorrow and decades could pass and I wouldn’t here a word!
Watch out for the beluga police. You need a minimum 10 footer if your going to stock belugas.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it so much that I got Scuba certified. Seeing a reef is even better. Remember to refocus on testing and organization every so often.

Attachments

• IMG_5193.jpeg
    IMG_5193.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5192.jpeg
    IMG_5192.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 3

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back