0   0   0
My main photoperiod is 8 hours at the following

1: 15%
2: 15%
3: 80%
4: 47%
5: 80%
6: 80%

Two hours before and two hours after is just 3/5/6 at 30%. White red and green off.

I run sbreef sbar actinic blue/violet strips on front and back of the reef breeders that are on 100% for the full 12 hours

During the lower light blue time par averages 150-200 or so

During the bright period par averages 300-400.

I don’t want to mess with them because growth and color is outstanding. Every bit as good as when I ran metal halides.

When I start my tank over I will be running two photon 50 units plus the sbreef bars. I intend to modify the program to have all channels at equal percentages. I just frankly like the look of a 10-12k daylight period more than blue heavy. Even with my whites up at 47% it still looks too blue for me. What specific intensity I use will be dictated by par readings. I’ll continue to shoot for the 200-400 range throughout the tank. Sps dominant
What size tank is this for? Thanks in advance I’m trying to figure this light out. I have a 65 gallon tank and I want to get this thing right

Torch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main photoperiod is 8 hours at the following

1: 15%
2: 15%
3: 80%
4: 47%
5: 80%
6: 80%

Two hours before and two hours after is just 3/5/6 at 30%. White red and green off.

I run sbreef sbar actinic blue/violet strips on front and back of the reef breeders that are on 100% for the full 12 hours

During the lower light blue time par averages 150-200 or so

During the bright period par averages 300-400.

I don’t want to mess with them because growth and color is outstanding. Every bit as good as when I ran metal halides.

When I start my tank over I will be running two photon 50 units plus the sbreef bars. I intend to modify the program to have all channels at equal percentages. I just frankly like the look of a 10-12k daylight period more than blue heavy. Even with my whites up at 47% it still looks too blue for me. What specific intensity I use will be dictated by par readings. I’ll continue to shoot for the 200-400 range throughout the tank. Sps dominant
Hello I was just curious what size tank this is for thank you in advance. I’m new to having this light I have a 65 gallon tank

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to be so late to the party.

I currently have 3 tanks running and all have Photon v2 or v2+ fixtures. My DT has 2 fixtures because the tank is 30" front to back and the Photon only does 24" well. By running the back fixture all blue, it makes the tank look like it's even more than 30" front to back. So I run the back fixture as all blue and violet (BTW 420 nm violet is not true UV, however, EverGrow versions of this fixture sold everywhere other than the US, do have some true under 400 nm UV leds).

My DT runs a 4 hour sunrise that is all blue at dawn and adds in some white after 2 hours. I run a 6 hour midday with whites at 30% or 40% (I keep changing it back and forth) and both blues at 90%. Violet gets mixed in for shading and peaks at 60%. Red and green onlt run during the 6 hour midday. Then I do a 5 hour sunset with the last 3 hours being all blue and violet. My DT is mostly corals and anemones that fluoresce, so lots of blue (violet really only gets yellows to fluoresce, blue does the lion's share of making colors fluoresce).

My frag tank runs slightly lower blues at midday because the water is only 10" deep. I use the same white as the DT because I'm going for growth and health in the frag tank but more for looks in the DT.

This is my 40g DT from last year. My new 90g tank with 2 fixtures is still developing.

FTS June 2019 R1 19x13.jpg
Can you share here or on the new reef breeders app. I would love to try this.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back