Reef Casa Studio 12 Display Water Level

  • Thread starter Thread starter shimps1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shimps1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
138
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a newly set up Reef Casa Studio 12, with an upgraded sump return pump, rated at up to 185 gph. It has 10 flow levels. Aqua Ninja DC Return Pump is the pump.

At the highest pump setting, the water in the display is very close to the top of the overflow, and only about 1/2" below the top of the tank. There is also a lot that bypasses the filter media basket.

I have lowered the pump to level 4, which helps prevent bypass of the filter media, and lowers the water to about 1" below the top of the tank. I am just curious though, at waht point is there not enough flow through a sump?

I wish I knew flow settings for the return pump, but it only shows a maximum, not anything about different levels.

Anyone have experience?

Below is the water level at the highest setting on the return. I would prefer to run it at max power to add more flow to the tank, but I don't feel comfortable with the water level that high. Even a slight bump of the tank brings it close to sloshing out.

PXL_20251211_051021127 (1).jpg

PXL_20251211_051027049 (1).jpg
 
Hello.
Looks like the water lvl is a bit high right now and its also passing the media. So i'd turn it down to a ~7.

Also from my experience, dont depends on your output flow as circulation but to control the water. Always add a secondary pump for the extra flow in the tank.

Looks like fun times. Love new setups !
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new