Reef Chili

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 15 different types of coral. Attaching a picture. Everything seems OK, but curious if Reef Chili will improve the colors of my coral. Anybody here have experience with this stuff?
92a450a32758b21be1d37999720865d4.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of feeding multiple foods to corals as long as your filtration can handle it. Reef chili gave me a great feeding response along with coral frenzy. IME I've seen a better reaction with reef roids but that's just me observing the tank. Can't go wrong with any of them though. Can't comment on coloration since there's so many other variables but they will definitely appreciate the food.

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe in feeding corals and reef chilli is a good one. Make sure you get it into the water colony so it's not just floating on the surface. I mix myn with a little bit of tank water and spot feed it to all my corals.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When feeding with reef chilli/reef roids, do you leave your circulation pumps on regular or in feeding mode?

Thanks.

OP
OP
GoPitt88

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When feeding with reef chilli/reef roids, do you leave your circulation pumps on regular or in feeding mode?

Thanks.

Good question.....also, should I shut off my HOB and Canister Filters? I don’t have a sump.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would turn off all forms of filtration and just leave the powerheads going. I put some in front of the powerhead to broadcast and get a feeding response. After about 15 minutes I target feed a few and let the rest flow through the tank. I don't turn on my main pump for about 35 minutes or so. I do the same with oyster feast by reef nutrition as well.

OP
OP
GoPitt88

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would turn off all forms of filtration and just leave the powerheads going. I put some in front of the powerhead to broadcast and get a feeding response. After about 15 minutes I target feed a few and let the rest flow through the tank. I don't turn on my main pump for about 35 minutes or so. I do the same with oyster feast by reef nutrition as well.

Thanks! [emoji106]

evan127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn off my return pump for about an hour so the food stays in the display tank. I usually feed Reef Chili every few nights or so. I only turn off the return pump. In tank circulation stays the same.

Edit: my tank is all SPS

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have feed modes set in my APEX that slows down my powerheads and turns off the return pump. My skimmer is also turned off for a longer period after the feed more to allow food to circulate my entire system. Everything has got to eat.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back