Reef Crest Series (Drop-offs) 35 Gallan

Jamezanity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Good to here that. I will post some picture once my tank is set up. And for skimmer they recommend the IM Fullsize skimmer. And I will put a customized bonsai reef rocks on mine. Can't wait to set it up.

Jamezanity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Can you shoot me a message at(415) 994-9612. I wanna see your tank. Thank you

OP
OP
Yokahammy

Yokahammy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to here that. I will post some picture once my tank is set up. And for skimmer they recommend the IM Fullsize skimmer. And I will put a customized bonsai reef rocks on mine. Can't wait to set it up.

I’m going to look into that skimmer, thanks! I thought I could get away without running one but I’m starting to see I need one.

OP
OP
Yokahammy

Yokahammy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starfish finally figured out how to get to the bottom level!
dbc122d8b0df4bc096bcec660d39650b.heic

Zam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a little early for a build thread but I'm getting pretty excited to receive it.
I ordered a new Reef Crest Series (Drop-off) tank that should be arriving any day now but I've never run an all in one aquarium so I'm not to sure on what equipment I need to be looking at. The only thing I think I've decided on is the lights I'll be using, radion XR15W Pro unless that won't be enough for that tank?
IMG_1482391261.465304.jpg
IMG_1482391279.912600.jpg
IMG_1482391396.236235.jpg

Biggest thing I'm having trouble with is to find a stand that'll work and carry the weight. I'm open to any and all help I can get!

Thank you in advance!

Congrats so I am putting mine together as well and unfortunately not a lot of info out there. What are you planning to use for filtration ? Sponge, media , skimmer. If you put a slimmer in the back how and where would the media fit? Thanks

My build by the way has taken many weeks.

image.jpg

Zam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this tank? I'm waiting on mine to arrive, I'm planning to run a IM full size skimmer and IM fr-s reactor. And I'm planning to put a media basket but not sure yet. And I have a 24" ATI powermodule, do you think it's a good light for the RC 35? TIA.

How and where are you planning on fitting all that? I was looking at the Túnze 9004 skimmer

OP
OP
Yokahammy

Yokahammy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats so I am putting mine together as well and unfortunately not a lot of info out there. What are you planning to use for filtration ? Sponge, media , skimmer. If you put a slimmer in the back how and where would the media fit? Thanks

image.jpg

I’m only using a sponge, carbon bag, and bio balls right now. Innovative marine makes a nano skimmer that will fit in the center chamber but won’t leave much room for anything else.

OP
OP
Yokahammy

Yokahammy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

I love how your build looks! The custom stand looks amazing, I can’t wait to see how the tank looks on there!

Zam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how your build looks! The custom stand looks amazing, I can’t wait to see how the tank looks on there!

Thanks started as the stand and then became the bench lol. Tunze has a couple skimmers that fit but I guess the issues is how does one make sure the water flows through the media

OP
OP
Yokahammy

Yokahammy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks started as the stand and then became the bench lol. Tunze has a couple skimmers that fit but I guess the issues is how does one make sure the water flows through the media

I honesty can’t get over have amazing that whole room looks! As for the media I’m at a loss on that.

Zam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be happy to start a thread when complete. I took pics while I was building it with my father in law.

Zam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a good one. I just have the current USA orbit marine but I plan on upgrading to the radion xr15 soon.

Do you think the XR15 will have enough coverage. The aquariums is like 18" across and 26" deep. I don't think 1 puck will be able to make it to the edges that well, specially the front edge which is much deeper. I haven't looked at the specs of the light but you should definitely check.

OP
OP
Yokahammy

Yokahammy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the XR15 will have enough coverage. The aquariums is like 18" across and 26" deep. I don't think 1 puck will be able to make it to the edges that well, specially the front edge which is much deeper. I haven't looked at the specs of the light but you should definitely check.

I have a friend with the same tank and he seems to have good results with the XR15 pro on his but if I don’t then I’ll use it for my reefer 450 and consider other lighting options. The only reason I’m using my current light is because I had it laying around so I’m definitely looking for new options.

Zam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend with the same tank and he seems to have good results with the XR15 pro on his but if I don’t then I’ll use it for my reefer 450 and consider other lighting options. The only reason I’m using my current light is because I had it laying around so I’m definitely looking for new options.

Your friend with the tank what is he doing for filtration. I got some ceramic rings, filter floss, and chemipro ready. Still want to get a skimmer in there somehow.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 121 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back