Reef crystal salt help!

Jaybeastin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
649
Reaction score
299
Location
94203
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys keep your ALK low with reef crystal? I try to maintain 8 ALK for my tank but it’s hard to do so after a water change. Reef crystal will bump my 8 ALK to 9 after a 10% water change . Any tips please?
 
Why are you trying to keep it at 8 dkh? Just curious. I run mine 9-9.5 with no issues.
It was running 8 for awhile , ever since I made the switch my corals are ticked with the higher dkh lol
 
How do you guys keep your ALK low with reef crystal? I try to maintain 8 ALK for my tank but it’s hard to do so after a water change. Reef crystal will bump my 8 ALK to 9 after a 10% water change . Any tips please?
It's impossible for reef crystals or any other mix to raise your alk that much after a 10% change. The math just doesn't support it. As 56 mentioned there's nothing wrong with running 9.5 and I think your also mistaken with the conclusion that 9 is upsetting your coral. I really wouldn't worry about 10% of 10.5 going in to 8 or 9 to be honest just make the adjustment with your dose on that particular day, week, month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new