Reef Décor: Do you decorate the space around your aquarium?

Do you decorate the space around your aquarium?

• The room decor is fully focused on the reef.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • The area around the reef tank has a coastal/ocean theme.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • There are a few reef-related decorations.

Votes: 39 15.4%
  • The decorating is not related to the reef.

Votes: 102 40.2%
  • I don’t bother decorating.

Votes: 70 27.6%

• Total voters

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have plants and moss filled terrariums, hung and placed in visual proximity to the main display. Plants simply look great next to a reef and technically keep the air cleaner. I also find having a small FW tank in close proximity to the main display, adds some visual balance to a room with a large reef tank, especially if it is lit blue most of the day. This is another reason we have the plants near the display, with a daylight balanced plant light for supplement. I try not to over emphasize the reef theme, with redundant ocean specific decorations. A nice reef tank should be capable of capturing attention, with very little help.

Geldof 120 mixed reef display in home.jpg

Last edited:

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have plants and moss filled terrariums, hung and placed in visual proximity to the main display. Plants simply look great next to a reef and technically keep the air cleaner. I also find having a small FW tank in close proximity to the main display, adds some visual balance to a room with a large reef tank, especially if it is lit blue most of the day. This is another reason we have the plants near the display, with a daylight balanced plant light for supplement. I try not to over emphasize the reef theme, with redundant ocean specific decorations. A nice reef tank should be capable of capturing attention, with very little help.

The natural wood tones help to soften the blue glow as well. Nice space all around

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Found your pepper grinder! LOL

Screenshot_20230605_144229_Chrome.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That chair looks comfy as heck.

I only have a pic of my wife and family on a cruise off of Kihei on a catamaran above my tank. It's small and tangentially ocean related and I'm smiling like a doofus. I would like to add more reef/ocean stuff but there's a fine line between tasteful and garish seaside cottage kitsch. Not that I'm judging anyone; my interior styling sense is about the same as inert liverock
Easy to fall asleep in it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some back and forth bickering posts have been removed. Please keep it nice and from getting personal. Thanks.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks are in my man cave/family room. I have my Navy "glory wall" and nautical parifinana surrounding them. So I guess you could say there is a common theme.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Peter Houde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people just don't know how to clutter up your homes with stuff. I mean, I noticed some bare wall space in some of those photos.

Not too much here devoted to the seashore, but there's some.
DSCN7591small.JPG

Here's my tribute to the seashore and to crustacean dinners, including the 7.75 lb lobster that I proudly ate myself (followed by a pound of butterfly shrimp and ice cream).:)

DSCN7592small.JPG

DSCN7594small.JPG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back