Reef Flux and lighting

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Reef Flux for Bryopsis. The rip cleaned rockwork has stayed clean for months, but I can't get it completely out of the zoas. They are on the rockwork and can't be dipped. Anyway, since the algae has to photosynthesize for it to work, should I keep the lights on only blues, only lowered blues, some whites, etc?

Last edited:

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the answer is on here somewhere, but I can't find it. I am using Reef Flux for Bryopsis. The rip cleaned rockwork has stayed clean for months, but I can't get it completely out of the zoas. They are on the rockwork and can't be dipped. Anyway, since the algae has to photosynthesize for it to work, should I keep the lights on only blues, only lowered blues, some whites, etc?
I had bryopsis all over my tank I knocked it out Completely with flux rx I still had bryopsis at day 14 so I decided to leave in the tank for one more week and it was Completely gone I also had it in my zoas…I did not change or lower my light Schedule

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used reef hd for bubble algae and having the lights on made a huge difference. You could see everything that was getting more light dying faster.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back