Reef Kinetics, ReefBot a Review...

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really a shame that they did not start out with a simpler machine.
If they had built a much smaller cheaper unit that just checked Alk and Nitrate I think they would have not had nearly as many issues and they would have sold a lot of units.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHile I agree that it has have problems( had it for 2+ years). all of mine have been fixed relatively quickly. Just had to flash the sd card but since then its been working flawlessly like it did when I first got it. I heavily rely on this as I am away from my tank months at a time. I also like tinkering with the device lol.

You an undercover reefkinetics agent ?

If I could find a used one for a few hundred bucks I might pull the trigger but by the time you buy a new unit + reagents you're out what $1000 or more.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You an undercover reefkinetics agent ?

If I could find a used one for a few hundred bucks I might pull the trigger but by the time you buy a new unit + reagents you're out what $1000 or more.
haha i wish I wanna get my hands on that doser they "supposed to have come out soon". Its not cheap but it is/was the only thing on the market that can test all the elements I want while im away. I currently test alk,calc,po4 and no3. And now I use it to test my other tank as I can't see the dang color change on red sea alk test kit.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man reading this thread is bringing up awful memories about this machine, wish I would’ve found it before. I’ve had mine for 3 months and it’s yet to work consistently. And the reference to “Bad Blood” is spot on, I just recently read that book.

They’ve had me fixing one problem after another with the latest being a problem with the stirrer. They actually asked me if I had an electric drill, who knows what for. I had to eventually take it offline because I was just done. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s never going to work and they’ve yet to offer to send me a new one. I’m pretty sure that’s their plan all along, wear you out with horrible recommendations till you finally give up. The last recommendation for me to physically bend the metal piece holding the vials was all I could take. So I removed it and it’s sitting in my garage. I don’t recommend for anyone to buy this point of sale. It will eventually break on you, and they won’t be able to really help.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess I’ve been one of the lucky ones. I had to try a few different reagent brands and never got Alkalinity to work, but for me it’s measuring MG, CA and Nitrate consistently and daily for past few months. I too had to “bend the tray” but aside from that it’s worked for me. I’m still considering the Mastertronic, but I felt compelled to share that I am getting accurate readings given all of the issues posted here.

DF8ECA8A-97E9-4AAC-A628-D8B7D1159F15.png

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a few periods where I was getting results that were pretty close to the manual tests I would run simultaneously. But it would not last, the stirrer would stop or the needle would bend or the test chamber would overfill. Was always something.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back