Reef Kinetics, ReefBot a Review...

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love mine!!!! I am a college student and basically runs my tank for me...once they come out with the one product I have been dying for them to release (I will be one of the first to buy it/test it and review) it will make my life even easier!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some, perhaps predictable, early enthusiasm is the bloom off the rose on this? Keen to hear from folks that have been running it for a while.

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like some work and some don’t. Seeing mixed reviews. Anyone on this thread care to comment? From what I’ve read they seem to be unreliable to make constant results?? Thanks guys

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had so many different issues with the reefbot for the 2 months that I fought it that i cant even begin to understand the positive reviews I see. unless you enjoy troubleshooting a device with their team and spending more time doing so than manually testing itself I wouldnt bother.......only good thing I have to say about reefbot is they did refund my $. I bought a trident with my refund around Thanksgiving and I have no complaints. it works as advertised and that's what I expect from something I pay money for.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I bought the unit I knew it wasn't going to be perfect...we are "early adopters". We are supposed to find these issues and communicate with Reef kinetics so that they can fix them. With a trident it is a device that was released as a "finished Product" . They done their beta testing with select individuals. I have had my fair share of "bugs" with this system but I communicate with them and it is usually fixed relatively quickly. The reefbot is not for everyone in its current state. I enjoy tinkering with my tank and the reefbot made the most sense for me with my current living situation.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt like I paid 800$ to go to work for reef kinetics.. I can begin to understand that concept of premature/developing but not at the cost of 800$ and hours of my time spent troubleshooting weekly which still provided inconsistent results I could never trust. I paid the 800$ in hope I was buying myself time from testing. I had to troubleshoot plus still needed to do my manual testing as the $800 brick looked me in the eye.. this did not provide me with any bit of satisfaction

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I totally understand where you are coming from...I actually was just speaking to somebody who was having an issue and we were able to figure it out. Honestly whatever makes you happy and stress free is whats important! If the trident hasn't caused you problems thats great and I would maybe do a trident review just so others can hear about your experience. I actually had done this for the reefbot recently because I always get asked questions about it lol .

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not looking to drop eight or $900 and then have to go to work… The reason I would be spending the money was so I would have less work to do… It actually speaks volumes of the company to put out something this expensive and let us customers do the R&D. if the company said somewhere in writing hey we’re going to do these first say thousand units at half price so we can get your feedback and find out what real bugs we have… That would be fine. But full price and having to work the bugs out… No thanks I’ll stick with a more reputable company. Super bad taste in my mouth. I have 2 friends that have nothing but problems. But they bought him right away and I figured maybe by now they would be better. I’ll wait for the ion director. I just like the things the reef bot tests better... but I’m to busy for more work. Lol. Thanks for the help on making my decision. Happy reefing!!

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what sold me on the reefbot.... I have since found once a week phosphate and Nitrate tests are as easy as pie to find the time for when im no longer worried about alk/cal/mag

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PigFarmer sorry to hear that you had issue with your device. If you like please email me with your device serial number and I’m sure that we can solve it for you.

As we have hundreds of devices in the market it’s normal that a very limited number of users have few issues due to shipping, a deflected component, user error or miss use. But as you may see our support team handles any issue instantly.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PigFarmer sorry to hear that you had issue with your device. If you like please email me with your device serial number and I’m sure that we can solve it for you.

As we have hundreds of devices in the market it’s normal that a very limited number of users have few issues due to shipping, a deflected component, user error or miss use. But as you may see our support team handles any issue instantly.
I returned my reefbot months ago and I appreciate you guys offering a refund for an option for the end users

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new one setup over the weekend, and I'm getting some very inconsistency readings, I followed all the steps correctly and calibrated the machine, I have all brand new test kits and its all over the place :(. I contacted the online vendor to see if I can exchange it for something else (not even a refund) and they told me there would be a 15% restocking fee. I have done a lot of business with them and this just ticks me off more.

I can live with 0.2-0.3 in differences I get these are hobby grade test kits, but I would test my alk and its would came back with 15dkh (hanna says 8.5) I would run it again and it would say 7.8dkh and then again 9.8dkh. That's unacceptable to me.

Aerow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking, you made sure to drop in the magnetic stirring pills into the cleaning and testing Chambers correct? I had the same problem, I forgot to drop one in.

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking, you made sure to drop in the magnetic stirring pills into the cleaning and testing Chambers correct? I had the same problem, I forgot to drop one in.
Yes I did make sure and double check that. I really like the idea of this machine but for 900 bucks it should be more accurate in my opinion.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did make sure and double check that. I really like the idea of this machine but for 900 bucks it should be more accurate in my opinion.
Did you message support, there's something with the setup that needs to be fixed.
Kindly email [email protected] or message the support portal of the app
you can also message me the serial number of the device and i'll make sure that the team contacts you directly

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back