Reef Kinetics, ReefBot a Review...

FSBBN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those of you who might face the same issue. It turns out there was an open connection due to shipping and once the engineer from RK saw it it only took a minute to get it fixed. The help was very fast.

I have run three types of tests so far and as I get to know the software better it is becoming easier. I think this concept is awesome and will only expand in the future. The machine is very well built. Honestly I think it is a bargain for under a thousand dollars (i pay that much for a light fixture).

I would like to see is RK starting to make reagents in bulk or getting API or others to make reagents in bulk so we can run these tests multiple times at a reasonable price.

esco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
syringe constantly entering different liquids when testing. isn't it a problem for liquids? maybe 1 drop entering to other liquid?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
syringe constantly entering different liquids when testing. isn't it a problem for liquids? maybe 1 drop entering to other liquid?
The syringe should be rinsed by RODI water in the rinsing chamber (transparent chamber)
If it's not doing so please email [email protected] to help you with the calibration of this chamber.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out what’s going on on this thread!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/g...t-over-900-shipped-to-your-door.605164/page-7
EAED35C0-5FB3-4BEC-83F1-128877E5E7F6.jpeg

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @drernesto, just saw a conflicting info on your website: Tropic Marin test kits are said to be supported in section where other section does not list it. Can you confirm if or not Tropic Marin Phos kit is supported? Here is what I am talking about:
Capture.PNG

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @drernesto, just saw a conflicting info on your website: Tropic Marin test kits are said to be supported in section where other section does not list it. Can you confirm if or not Tropic Marin Phos kit is supported? Here is what I am talking about:
Capture.PNG
Tropic Marin or phosphate is not supported.

Tanggirl12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I want to run
Alk
Ca
Mg
NO3
pO4

Are there enough vials to run all of them with certain kits or am I going to have to pick and choose? And what about the tests that use powder?

Really considering this over trident since it test nutrients as well. TIA

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run what you have listed minus the NO3.
Unfortunately I cannot come up with a combination to do this.
But I am just going to invest in another machine so I can HAVE IT ALL!

My current setup is
Alk 1 vail-API
CAL: 2 vials-API
MAG: 3 vials-REDSEA
PO4: 2 vials-API

you could search each kit and see if it has fewer reagents from another brand.

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick PRO TIP:
I contacted Reef Kinetics and they told me they are working on larger reagent vials.
This means we will be able to go a longer time between reagent refills.

Also, for some reason my machine is not calibrated properly for rodi use and waste water output.
For me both rodi and waste are connected to separate 5liter slim line containers.
The software tells me they are full and empty around the point when the containers are actually around half full/ half empty.
I just increased the volume of the containers on the app.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick PRO TIP:
I contacted Reef Kinetics and they told me they are working on larger reagent vials.
This means we will be able to go a longer time between reagent refills.

Also, for some reason my machine is not calibrated properly for rodi use and waste water output.
For me both rodi and waste are connected to separate 5liter slim line containers.
The software tells me they are full and empty around the point when the containers are actually around half full/ half empty.
I just increased the volume of the containers on the app.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue?
Hi Jeremy,
The default capacity of waste and RODI containers are set to 1 L. If you have 5 L tanks you need to update these settings manually by going to the app, clicking on your Bot and going to the maintenance page where you can “set manually” the original values.

Cheers

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeremy,
The default capacity of waste and RODI containers are set to 1 L. If you have 5 L tanks you need to update these settings manually by going to the app, clicking on your Bot and going to the maintenance page where you can “set manually” the original values.

Cheers
I have done that... but it seems to not know the amount of water it is using.
I set the rodi and waste water at 5 liters.
Then when they were both around half capacity, the app was showing them to be completely empty(rodi) and full(waste)

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done that... but it seems to not know the amount of water it is using.
I set the rodi and waste water at 5 liters.
Then when they were both around half capacity, the app was showing them to be completely empty(rodi) and full(waste)
Did you set them before testing or at some point during testing? In all cases we will look into the issue. Thanks

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emptied them. Then tested several times. When the containers were half full the app said they were completely used up. I could have tested about twice as many times before refilling and emptying the containers

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, setting up a new aquarium in a month when I move home.

I want an ultra low maintenance reef, do you think the ReefBot will help me achieve that? Can it automatically adjust your dosing schedule based on results? If your Ca or Mg is low, can it correct this automatically?

Also can it be mounted in the sump? Maybe silly question, but I would like everything contained in one cabinet (my wife insists). Can testing be automated etc?

I would like an aquarium I can leave alone for a month ideally LOL.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back