• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Lounge USA - Buyer Beware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Pauley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post feedback on this company. I tried them out for the first time late January, ordering three goni's and an acro frag. The goni's were only $15 each, which is a great price. I received my order on Jan 26th. However, what I actually received was a single duncan head and a bleached favia frag. It was clearly someone else's order mistakenly sent to me.

I've been in the hobby quite a while, and understand that mistakes happen. I reached out to Reef Lounge, and they promptly replied that they would credit my order $110 (the total cost of the frags and shipping). I politely informed them that I would be good with just receiving the frags I ordered. They were sold out on the website, but Reef Lounge indicated they would receive more goni's the following week. They did receive comparable, although the price increased $5 each.

I was willing to pay the difference (as I told them). However, their "credit" couldn't be applied to shipping. I noted that I just wanted my order, and I shouldn't be made to pay an additional $40 in shipping to offset the cost of their employee's error. If they couldn't just ship me the order, I requested a refund. They broke off communication, and to date haven't replied or refunded anything.

A google search (which I should've done before placing an order) found multiple instances of customers receiving wrong products from Reef Lounge - there are some stories about this vendor on R2R as well. I know very few vendors refund shipping, and I've never had a problem paying when there is some act of god (shipment gets lost in mail, fish die, etc). However, when the issue is purely that a vendor's employee was negligent and packed wrong corals in a box, I don't think it falls on the customer to eat the cost. This particular issue is definitely not addressed on their website.

A good company would've just sent the right frags to a customer once available, deleted the credit, and that would've been it. A (mostly) good company would've refunded the customer's money if they couldn't fulfill the order. Reef Lounge seems to be neither. Now I'll have to dispute the charge, which just takes more time. So, in case you're considering purchasing from this company, that's what you may be in for. PS - I believe they were formally R2R sponsors, but I don't see them listed anymore. Could be wrong.

OP
OP
P

Pauley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
After Reef Lounge USA stopped communicating with me regarding sending the correct items or issuing a refund, I initiated a payment dispute via my credit card company. The credit card company reached out to Reef Lounge, who claimed that all four items were delivered as ordered. Additionally, they claimed “Shopify sent a confirmation and we have not heard from customer of any problems”.
So, they took my money, didn’t deliver, won’t make it right, and knowingly lied to the credit card company to avoid returning money. Hard to believe these guys are in business. Again, if this happened to me it may happen to you with Reef Lounge USA.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back