Reef News Network and ReefWeeds present: The Super Mega Awesome Shrimp Bowl Build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you going to enter the contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our son Everett loves his little shrimp friends. The shrimp are doing so well in the tank. So much fun watching them throughout the tank!!!

6B2519B9-30C6-42F7-9636-41BBF84501DB.jpeg

70B025D6-F152-4990-AC2B-77EDEF3945EA.jpeg

8EAA814D-ACD9-47B6-B8F6-23E6EE3F5EAB.jpeg

A3F9BB65-8AA1-40DA-A232-C4D43BEE9B44.jpeg

7574A1DB-BA51-44FE-BB27-46E4234DAD22.jpeg
Love these photos!

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love here photos!
I’ m all for more give aways! But ready to roll on the voting too.
How will that work? Will there be a final photo submission to present to the “world”?
yes! What I’m going to do is start a separate thread with a poll. Each person who made it through the contest will be on the ballot.

So keep an eye out for instructions! What I’m thinking is each person sends me 4 photos and a two paragraph write-up about their tank, the experience and what inspired them. Then I’ll create one new thread with an overview on each contestant so that those voting can see your tank and experience at a glance for voting. What do you guys think?

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Who's voting? Is it any member of r2r or only those who entered the contest?
yes! What I’m going to do is start a separate thread with a poll. Each person who made it through the contest will be on the ballot.

So keep an eye out for instructions! What I’m thinking is each person sends me 4 photos and a two paragraph write-up about their tank, the experience and what inspired them. Then I’ll create one new thread with an overview on each contestant so that those voting can see your tank and experience at a glance for voting. What do you guys think?

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds good to me. Hmmmm a writing assignment APA or MLA format? Just kidding.......
Will the entries be anonymous to the forum for voting?

JP Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think Rachel, Pete and Jeremy should do the voting on the category’s picked in the beginning of the contest. We can still write a couple of paragraph and post our best five photos.

JP Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Rachel, Pete and Jeremy should do the voting on the category’s picked in the beginning of the contest. We can still write a couple of paragraph and post our best five photos.

You guys hosted the contest, so it will be easier to have a small group voting. Just like Forge and Fire the experts pick the winnings.

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you all think?

TheFishLady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, one more update for good measure! Lamp is doing great! The shrimp have found a way under the rocks and like to hide under there at night. No babies yet, but I have some adults that are bright red, and others stayed more yellow-ish.

Oh! And I did end up removing a little chaeto, it was getting too bushy.

IMG_20181018_174832.jpg

IMG_20181025_082154.jpg

IMG_20181018_174611.jpg

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, one more update for good measure! Lamp is doing great! The shrimp have found a way under the rocks and like to hide under there at night. No babies yet, but I have some adults that are bright red, and others stayed more yellow-ish.

IMG_20181018_174832.jpg

IMG_20181025_082154.jpg
This is so cool

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is my week 10 pic. But depending on what’s decided on voting I still have a final image to present when ready.

A0107030-ECC1-4978-9753-2C7E1A3D1F9D.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys! PLEASE READ!!

If you have completed the contest, please send a direct message to me, @JerSaint and @ReefNewsNetwork (one message, not separately) with the following:

5 photos of your journey and the final state of your shrimp tank

A couple/few Paragraphs about your experience, what you liked, what you didn’t, and anything else you want to add!

I’m not sure which way voting will go whether it’s a forum vote or the three of us make the decision but this will be the start! If you want to be considered for the final three grand prizes (and some other fun stuff), please send this by Sunday, November 11th by 11:59 Pm EST!

David Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I entered the contest, I read the set “contest rules” to make sure I can give it 100%. My opinion is to stick to the original contest rules. The judges should be at least one representative from each sponsor as well as ReefWeeds and Reef News Network. Who better to judge the tanks then the experts? It should all be based on the weekly postings, the updates, the tagging, the creativity, the time and effort, etc.?

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can send one message to multiple people? Man I think I'll have to log in on a computer for this one haha
Ok guys! PLEASE READ!!

If you have completed the contest, please send a direct message to me, @JerSaint and @ReefNewsNetwork (one message, not separately) with the following:

5 photos of your journey and the final state of your shrimp tank

A couple/few Paragraphs about your experience, what you liked, what you didn’t, and anything else you want to add!

I’m not sure which way voting will go whether it’s a forum vote or the three of us make the decision but this will be the start! If you want to be considered for the final three grand prizes (and some other fun stuff), please send this by Sunday, November 11th by 11:59 Pm EST!

I MARRERO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with David and JP Wagner. It should be judged by the experts and the companies sponsoring the prizes. I think that would be a more balanced voting and not biased. A paragraph with a couple of lines is not a bad addition to the rules.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back