OP
Noobreef

Noobreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 final pieces to my puzzle has finally arrived. The HK500 1/2 chiller by Hailea, as well as me deciding to pull the trigger on Clarisea's SK 3000.

Took my sweet time to attached both into place, the chiller being outdoor with encasements, as well has fixing up the Clarisea, which took roughly 1h 30 mins ( mostly due to me being unable to comprehend simple instructions)

Heilea.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-31 at 1.01.38 PM.jpeg

At this point, it has become an obsession!

IMG_20200131_161545.jpg

Took everything apart after the final dry fitting.

Now i will need to measure and angle everything before gluing everything in place.

I will also mark some of the pipings which are not glued in place so that i can remove it during diassemble.

REEF NOOB OUT!

BoredNuke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build thread. Cant wait to see how the Clarisea fits. I have the V1 Sump and just added a clarisea while tank was up. I do not recommend that method. I'm still modifying the stand for the clarisea trying to get it just about out of the water to make sure the filter is efficiently used.

OP
OP
Noobreef

Noobreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there @BoredNuke ! This was actually going to be my next update. I spent a good 4/5 hours cutting through the baffles for the 425 v3 sump. NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS. lotsa cuts on my hands. I then just directly plumb the Clarisea with the stock 32mm piping, albeit i had to cut it a bit shorter.

BAFFLES.

If there are any advices I were to give, it would be these

1) prepare extra knives
2) protective goggles. Twice the blade broke and flew onto my forehead.
3) gloves- the removed glass are all unpolished. I got a few cuts as I was removing them
4) silicone from all corners of each baffle MUST be removed in full/part before putting any force to remove it.
5) the top part of the sock/media holder is as one. I broke it thinking that it was another baffle. No biggie, can just reglue it.
6) be prepared to spend 4/5 hours
7) it's okay to scratch the glass a bit, it's not noticeable
8) you can use the opposite side of the blade to remove any silicone residue easily. A reasonable amount of force can be applied, not a problem

9) LAST BUT NOT LEAST- DO NOT RUSH. Removing the baffles is not a race. YOU WILL GET THERE EVENTUALLY. Just whether you want to break something/injure yourself while doing it. Think of it as a journey rather than a task.

baffle.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 71.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back