Reef nutrition tigger pods

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I just bought a bottle of reef nutrition tigger pods from my lfs and it looks like they are all dead at the bottom of the bottle. I didn’t look at them at the store or I would have asked there. I bought these before and there were some swimming throughout the bottle. I’m not sure if they haven’t hatched or are really dead. Any ideas or experience with these on how I can tell if this is a good bottle. It was bottled on 2/26.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually in the fridge they are all settled on the bottom
Once you take em out and warm em to room temp they start swimming everywhere

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how old they are. Bottled on 2/26 is quite old, many will be dead at this point. I only buy them within 10 days of bottling. Also good to shake the bottle in the store to see if they're still alive. Even refrigerated, there should be lots swimming after a shake.

Also this is why many store don't like to stock them; their shelf life is pretty short, and no one buys the really old bottles.

OP
OP
F

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs was nice enough to return them. I’m pretty sure they were dead. Will try to get some more when they restock. Thanks all

OP
OP
F

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how old they are. Bottled on 2/26 is quite old, many will be dead at this point. I only buy them within 10 days of bottling. Also good to shake the bottle in the store to see if they're still alive. Even refrigerated, there should be lots swimming after a shake.

Also this is why many store don't like to stock them; their shelf life is pretty short, and no one buys the really old bottles.
Yeah that’s what I remember. Last time I bought them there were lots of swimming happening

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 29.6%
Back