Reef Octopus 200EXT Auto Drainage System?

Andrew Schubert

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Messages
647
Reaction score
321
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my 200EXT skimmer for about 2 years now and have never once used the "Auto Drainage System" pluming that is apart of the skimmer. For one, I don't really understand what the purpose of it is for, and nothing in the instructions of the skimmer tells you. Does anyone use this, or could give me the run down as to its purpose?

1665752955814.png
 
I've been running my 200EXT skimmer for about 2 years now and have never once used the "Auto Drainage System" pluming that is apart of the skimmer. For one, I don't really understand what the purpose of it is for, and nothing in the instructions of the skimmer tells you. Does anyone use this, or could give me the run down as to its purpose?

1665752955814.png
I always thought maybe its only purpose is to make cleaning the skimmer easier by being able to drain the system for maintenance. However, its designed such a way that it purposefully does not allow all water to be drained out; so pretty sure that wasn't its designed purpose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new