Reef Octopus 8" Classic 200INT Skimmer

Irishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question on this skimmer. Marine depot says water height should be 7.5-8.5”. The Reef Octopus manual states that the water level should be from 6-10” as long as it’s not covering the water outlet pipe. Do they mean completely submerged or can I have the water level just right under the outlet/ half way?

I’ve tried looking for some videos or images and I can see that some people have it both ways. Curious on if people have this skimmer and what their set up is like

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reef octo 110 classic and I have the water level about halfway up the return. This helps reduce the “trickle” noise. I am not home at the moment so I can’t post a pic of mine for reference.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
OP
Irishman

Irishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the reef octo 110 classic and I have the water level about halfway up the return. This helps reduce the “trickle” noise. I am not home at the moment so I can’t post a pic of mine for reference.

Hope this helps

Make sense. Probably don’t want it below it so it doesn’t splash everywhere and make more salt creep

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back