Reef octopus HOB skimmer HELP!

Discussion in 'New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here' started by Teke Left, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Teke Left

Teke Left Member

So I bought this job slimmer used & it was running fine for about a week then one day I came in & it wasn’t working I unplugged it & tore it apart & I found a little piece of plastic or something in the propeller. I got that out & needless to say .. it hasn’t worked properly since. I’ve tried on about 4 attempts to get it but I can’t. Now I’ve got to the point where it will make bubbles but not nearly small as they were before bubbles are far to big to create a “foam”, or even a cloudy appearance, if you get what I’m saying.

I’m tempted to just buy a new one but I would hate to if this is a simple fix !

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Indecision may or may not be my problem. R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

3. Teke Left

Teke Left Member

Yea well that’s what I was thinking of doing but when I looked a few weeks ago all of the pumps look to be shaped differently, which doesn’t necessarily mean they wouldn’t fit but the one I have appears to be larger.

I’m assuming that your assumption is that the pump is shot?

Draft saved Draft deleted