Reef octopus HOB skimmer HELP!

Discussion in 'New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here' started by Teke Left, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

1. Teke Left

Teke Left Active Member

So I bought this job slimmer used & it was running fine for about a week then one day I came in & it wasn’t working I unplugged it & tore it apart & I found a little piece of plastic or something in the propeller. I got that out & needless to say .. it hasn’t worked properly since. I’ve tried on about 4 attempts to get it but I can’t. Now I’ve got to the point where it will make bubbles but not nearly small as they were before bubbles are far to big to create a “foam”, or even a cloudy appearance, if you get what I’m saying.

I’m tempted to just buy a new one but I would hate to if this is a simple fix !

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Goby Whisperer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

3. Teke Left

Teke Left Active Member

Yea well that’s what I was thinking of doing but when I looked a few weeks ago all of the pumps look to be shaped differently, which doesn’t necessarily mean they wouldn’t fit but the one I have appears to be larger.

I’m assuming that your assumption is that the pump is shot?

Draft saved Draft deleted