Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be ok with DC pumps?
Yes, that what I did. But my setup is much smaller so couple of these tiny 12V dc pumps are just fine: whats more, you can switch them with an l293d circuit (Same as dosing guide), which saves the power adapter and relay related issues

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it only pair with kasa smart plugs? I have quite a few smart plugs at home, most are from different companies, each with a separate preferred app... but i found that I they all can be found and controlled in each others app, and I've since defaulted to just loading them up on a single app. I'm wondering if this could end up being the case with reef-pi as well.

Liron Mishal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone please post a link or explain how exactly to setup a PH board on V3.0?

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe I missed this release. I've been using the pre-alpha release for a while now. Anything I should be concerned with when upgrading?

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib , I Upgraded to 3.0, which went rather smoothly. I wasn't getting any telemetry from the sensors and probes, so I deleted them, and re-added them. The pH probe is now considered MISSING by the Reef-Pi "{"error":"stats for id: '3' not found"} | HTTP 404 " What do I need to do to correct this, and is this the proper forum to discuss this?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib , I Upgraded to 3.0, which went rather smoothly. I wasn't getting any telemetry from the sensors and probes, so I deleted them, and re-added them. The pH probe is now considered MISSING by the Reef-Pi "{"error":"stats for id: '3' not found"} | HTTP 404 " What do I need to do to correct this, and is this the proper forum to discuss this?
The 404 error indicates the dashboard is referring to the older probe which does not exist anymore. Its a benign error (no implication on controller behavior or performance) other than failure to render the corresponding chart in dashboard./UI,.
Theres a different bug, that inhibits dashboard config saving , released in 3.1 , which makes the above mentioned problem not fixable in 3.1. I have fixed this bug and will cut 3.2 shortly. Meanwhile you can always use reef-pi db command to stop reef-pi and fix the chart issue. Or go back to 3.0 and remove the chart corresponding to the non-existent probe (tc/ph)

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 404 error indicates the dashboard is referring to the older probe which does not exist anymore. Its a benign error (no implication on controller behavior or performance) other than failure to render the corresponding chart in dashboard./UI,.
Theres a different bug, that inhibits dashboard config saving , released in 3.1 , which makes the above mentioned problem not fixable in 3.1. I have fixed this bug and will cut 3.2 shortly. Meanwhile you can always use reef-pi db command to stop reef-pi and fix the chart issue. Or go back to 3.0 and remove the chart corresponding to the non-existent probe (tc/ph)

OK, I'm not getting any data on the dash for temp or pH.I'l try to find the db command so I can rebuild the database. Will I have to use the same calibration method for the pH probe, or does the button in the UI work?

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I'm not getting any data on the dash for temp or pH.I'l try to find the db command so I can rebuild the database. Will I have to use the same calibration method for the pH probe, or does the button in the UI work?

I found the db and I was able to rebuild the db. I haven't calibrated the pH probe yet though. Does the calibrate button work yet?

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
Could anyone let me know how to check the supported smart plug by reef pi ver3?
I am planing to get Kasa KP303. Is it supported by reef pi?

I don't think the KP303 is currently supported; I'd recommend the HS300 if you can change the smart plug.

I don't think we have it explicitly and concisely documented anywhere. I found the following information in the source code, but I doubt many other people would look there.

reef-pi currently supports the following TP-Link devices:
- HS103
- HS110
- HS300

It also supports a couple of Shelly devices (Shelly 1 and Shelly 2.5).

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to use this for understanding heater's aging process and cross-validating the wattage. My theory is if we can combine tank water volume, heater utilization and ambient temperature, then we should be able to do a close loop control system and decipher heater issues predictively..
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 11.14.14 AM.png
Is this in a valid unit read right from the Kasa, so a 200W heater?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back