reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

815reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those boards are expensive
Yeah the 4 spot whitebox labs tentical is around 100, the ezo boards are roughly 40, american marine pinpoint sensor is 40 and and and arduino is 10. So for roughly 200 you could add ph monitoring, than later expand to ec, orp, or do, or another ph if someone wanted to monitor a ca reactor. I dont think the price is too bad. Considering i see people spend 3x that on a light sometimes. I guess it all comes down to budget and how nuch someone can spend at once. Me i like to build and and buy peice by peice. So i can spread the cost out over time some.

815reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stampb.png
STAMP BOARD.png

here are a couple stamp boards I did couple years back I think I have a few boards left when the time comes we can pl at around with them
Wow above and beyond my abilities. Nice work never got into electronic board design.

Somnifac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the 4 spot whitebox labs tentical is around 100, the ezo boards are roughly 40, american marine pinpoint sensor is 40 and and and arduino is 10. So for roughly 200 you could add ph monitoring, than later expand to ec, orp, or do, or another ph if someone wanted to monitor a ca reactor. I dont think the price is too bad. Considering i see people spend 3x that on a light sometimes. I guess it all comes down to budget and how nuch someone can spend at once. Me i like to build and and buy peice by peice. So i can spread the cost out over time some.

I'm definitely with you on this one. I'm banking on future expansion. I'm really hoping for salinity, pH, and ORP capabilities being added post 1.0. Sure, together they'd be expensive, but one at a time? That's manageable.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I know sensors are something coming in later releases after v1.0. But i was wandering if anyone was using a program on the side of reefpi to monitor their ph or ec. I was looking at the white labs tentical, they have a 2 place whitch works directly with the pi or there is a 4 place tentical that works thru arduino. Both accept the ezo circuits from atlas scientific.

Great project btw been following along for awhile now.
Couple of us have already tried out with the tentacle board. Post 1.0 ph, salinity probe integration will be via these boards only. I have the prototype code sitting on my laptop . I am holding it off because I have to do considerable amount of work across ui and documentation to make it good enough for normal diy reefers.

Brian S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib -

Thank you so very much for all of efforts - the time and thought you have invested in this is remarkable!

Can you help with my bill of materials?

Requirements:
1) Temperature safeguard
2) Time of day controlled outlet - shut off powerheads to allow for feeding
3) Level Alert - ability to verify water is at expected level in sump

BOM:
Raspberry PI 3 Model B 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU, 1GB RAM - the brain
SainSmart 4-Channel Relay Module - controls the power to the plug outlets
Microchip MCP3008-I/P 10-Bit ADC with SPI - converts analog sensor signals to digital signals
Uxcell a15012900ux0171 10 Pieces 2.54 mm Pitch 2 Row 16 Pins Soldering DIP IC Chip Socket Adaptor allows for easy use of microchip above
5 Volt 2.4 A micro usb power supply - power for the brain
OS-1-M Optical Level Sensor With Mount - Neptune Systems - sensor for water level
TEMPERATURE PROBE - NEPTUNE SYSTEMS - temperature probe

Items from your bom I skipped:
Pi touch screen - $$$, hoping I can rely on web page/laptop for config
PCA9685 pwm breakout board - is this used to control leds?

Anything big I missed?

Thanks Again!
Brian

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib -

Thank you so very much for all of efforts - the time and thought you have invested in this is remarkable!

Can you help with my bill of materials?

Requirements:
1) Temperature safeguard
2) Time of day controlled outlet - shut off powerheads to allow for feeding
3) Level Alert - ability to verify water is at expected level in sump

BOM:
Raspberry PI 3 Model B 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU, 1GB RAM - the brain
SainSmart 4-Channel Relay Module - controls the power to the plug outlets
Microchip MCP3008-I/P 10-Bit ADC with SPI - converts analog sensor signals to digital signals
Uxcell a15012900ux0171 10 Pieces 2.54 mm Pitch 2 Row 16 Pins Soldering DIP IC Chip Socket Adaptor allows for easy use of microchip above
5 Volt 2.4 A micro usb power supply - power for the brain
OS-1-M Optical Level Sensor With Mount - Neptune Systems - sensor for water level
TEMPERATURE PROBE - NEPTUNE SYSTEMS - temperature probe

Items from your bom I skipped:
Pi touch screen - $$$, hoping I can rely on web page/laptop for config
PCA9685 pwm breakout board - is this used to control leds?

Anything big I missed?

Thanks Again!
Brian
MCp3008 and the corresponding socket adapter is not required. I have tested reef-pi with dfrobot's photoelectric sensor, I do not know if it will work with neptune probes :-/
Same goes for temperature probe, reef-pi is tested with ds18b20, I use the ones from canakit (with black coating),
https://reef-pi.github.io/build-guides/temperature/
If you are not on a budget, I'll recommend going for 8 channel relays, they are very useful. I need 8 channels for my 29G Tank.

Somnifac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been quiet this weekend. Time to break the silence with a guide to get your Pi connected and running completely headless. No need to connect it to a monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

Please feel free to use this as a guide, make any alterations you may feel fit, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times when you want to get your Raspberry Pi up and running completely headlessly. Maybe you typically use a laptop and don't have an extra keyboard. Maybe you don't have an easy way to connect to an HDMI monitor. This guide will show you how you to set up your Pi to be completely headless. This will allow your Pi to connect to your wireless network and connect via SSH on its first boot.

Please read all steps before starting the process so that you're familiar with what will be required.

Before we begin, we need to gather a couple of pieces of information. We will need the following:

a. The SSID and Password for your wireless network.
b. The IP address of your gateway and DNS server. In a home environment, these addresses will be the same IP. To check this information, you can type ipconfig at the command prompt of a Windows computer on the network, or ifconfig on a Linux/Mac computer.

1. Download and install your Raspbian image. This process is covered in detail on the Raspberry Pi site. Please visit https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/ for more detail on the process. As I will never be connecting to a desktop instance on this Pi, I downloaded the Raspian Stretch Lite image. If you plan on connecting to your Pi in a method other than SSH or reef-pi's web interface, please consider the Raspian Stretch with Desktop image.

2. To get your Pi up and running on your wireless network, with SSH enabled, We will need to modify some files on the memory card you just created. This will present a small challenge because, unless you're running Linux, you will not be able to read the Ext4 filesystem that is on the card. In fact, if you attempt to read this partition with a Window computer, it will prompt that you need to format the partition before you can use it. Please do not format it. You will just need to start over at step 1.

We have a couple of options to do this:

A. Boot into Linux using a LiveCD or bootable USB stick. Creating a bootable USB stick is probably the easiest method. For instructions on how to create a bootable USB stick, please visit one of the following links:

Windows: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows
macOS: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-macos

B. There are software packages that will allow you to read/write Ext4 filesystems on Windows and Macintosh computers. If you choose this options, please read the instructions and any applicable warnings and caveats for each piece of software.

Windows: Ext2FSD can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd
macOS: https://osxfuse.github.io/

NOTE: I recommend using the bootable USB option over installing the software file system drivers.

3. We will now create and modify some files to both enable SSH and WiFi. When you plug your cardreader with the card you just created for the Raspberry Pi in it into the computer after booting into Linux (or after installing on of the filesystem drivers) you will see two partitions. We have a task in each partition:

A. In the root of the "boot" partition, create an empty file with the filename "ssh". This will enable SSH on the Pi.

B. In the main Ext4 partition on the card, we will need to modify 2 files:

/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
/etc/dhcpcd.conf

Editing /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:

By default, the file will contain the following:
Code:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
We will need to add the following lines to the file:
Code:
network={
    ssid="SSID"
    psk="PASSWORD"
}
Replace SSID and PASSWORD with the proper SSID and password for your wireless network.

Editing /etc/dhcpcd.conf:

We will need to add the following lines to the bottom the file:
Code:
interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.1.100/24
static routers=192.168.1.1
static domain_name_servers=192.168.1.1

interface wlan0
static ip_address=192.168.1.101/24
You will need to change the router and domain_name_servers IP addresses to the address(es) you gathered above. You will need to change the ip_address for each interface to a value that will be unique on your network. The first 3 numbers will be the same as your gateway, with the fourth being a number between 1 and 255 that is unused. You should be able to see the addresses in use via the interface of your router.

For example, if your router's IP is 192.168.1.1, then you could use 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101.

4. Once all changes have been saved, you can now insert the memory card into your Raspberry Pi and power it on.

5. Using the SSH client of your choice, open an SSH connection to the IP address you entered for the wlan0 interface above. You should now connect to your Raspberry Pi, where you can log in with the default username "pi" and default password "raspberry".

6. You should now update your Pi's system with the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
7. We will now use Raspberry Pi Software Configuration Tool to modify some options. Enter the following command:
Code:
sudo rapsi-config
A. Change your user password using option 1.
B. Set the hostname of your Pi to something meaningful on your network with option 2.
C. I recommend setting the system to boot to the console, requiring the user to log in with option 3, and then B1.
D. Set up your locale, time zone, and WiFi country with option 4.
E. Select "Finish" to save changes and exit the tool.

8. Enable i2c, onewire, spi, and uart by editing the file /boot/config.txt. The following lines will need to be added:
Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=spi=on
dtparam=audio=on
enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=w1-gpio
8. Enable NTP to synchronize the Pi's date and time. Enter the following commands:

Code:
sudo systemctl start ntp.service
sudo systemctl enable ntp.service
9. System configuration is now complete. It's now time to reboot the Pi with the following command:
Code:
sudo reboot
10. Once the Pi has rebooted, re-establish an SSH connection and log in using the new password you set in step 7A above.

11. We can now download and install the reef-pi software. Download the software with the following command:
Code:
wget https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/download/0.7/reef-pi-<Version and Platform>.deb
Check the following site for the latest version: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases. "Platform" refers to the download for the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Raspberry Pi Zero.

12. Once downloaded, install the software with the following command:
Code:
sudo dpkg -i reef-pi-<Version and Platform>.deb
13. Check that reef-pi is running with the following command:
Code:
sudo systemctl status reef-pi.service
You should now be able to connect to the web interface using a web browser on another computer on your network at the following address:
Code:
http://<ipaddress>:8080
<ipaddress> will be the IP address for wlan0 set in set 3B and the IP address used to to SSH into the Raspberry Pi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will help someone.

Brian S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an existing method - or would it be relatively easy to add a way to measure a high water level condition?

Brian S

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an existing method - or would it be relatively easy to add a way to measure a high water level condition?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been quiet this weekend. Time to break the silence with a guide to get your Pi connected and running completely headless. No need to connect it to a monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

Please feel free to use this as a guide, make any alterations you may feel fit, etc.

There are times when you want to get your Raspberry Pi up and running completely headlessly. Maybe you typically use a laptop and don't have an extra keyboard. Maybe you don't have an easy way to connect to an HDMI monitor. This guide will show you how you to set up your Pi to be completely headless. This will allow your Pi to connect to your wireless network and connect via SSH on its first boot.

Please read all steps before starting the process so that you're familiar with what will be required.

Before we begin, we need to gather a couple of pieces of information. We will need the following:

a. The SSID and Password for your wireless network.
b. The IP address of your gateway and DNS server. In a home environment, these addresses will be the same IP. To check this information, you can type ipconfig at the command prompt of a Windows computer on the network, or ifconfig on a Linux/Mac computer.

1. Download and install your Raspbian image. This process is covered in detail on the Raspberry Pi site. Please visit https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/ for more detail on the process. As I will never be connecting to a desktop instance on this Pi, I downloaded the Raspian Stretch Lite image. If you plan on connecting to your Pi in a method other than SSH or reef-pi's web interface, please consider the Raspian Stretch with Desktop image.

2. To get your Pi up and running on your wireless network, with SSH enabled, We will need to modify some files on the memory card you just created. This will present a small challenge because, unless you're running Linux, you will not be able to read the Ext4 filesystem that is on the card. In fact, if you attempt to read this partition with a Window computer, it will prompt that you need to format the partition before you can use it. Please do not format it. You will just need to start over at step 1.

We have a couple of options to do this:

A. Boot into Linux using a LiveCD or bootable USB stick. Creating a bootable USB stick is probably the easiest method. For instructions on how to create a bootable USB stick, please visit one of the following links:

Windows: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows
macOS: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-macos

B. There are software packages that will allow you to read/write Ext4 filesystems on Windows and Macintosh computers. If you choose this options, please read the instructions and any applicable warnings and caveats for each piece of software.

Windows: Ext2FSD can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd
macOS: https://osxfuse.github.io/

NOTE: I recommend using the bootable USB option over installing the software file system drivers.

3. We will now create and modify some files to both enable SSH and WiFi. When you plug your cardreader with the card you just created for the Raspberry Pi in it into the computer after booting into Linux (or after installing on of the filesystem drivers) you will see two partitions. We have a task in each partition:

A. In the root of the "boot" partition, create an empty file with the filename "ssh". This will enable SSH on the Pi.

B. In the main Ext4 partition on the card, we will need to modify 2 files:

/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
/etc/dhcpcd.conf

Editing /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:

By default, the file will contain the following:
Code:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
We will need to add the following lines to the file:
Code:
network={
    ssid="SSID"
    psk="PASSWORD"
}
Replace SSID and PASSWORD with the proper SSID and password for your wireless network.

Editing /etc/dhcpcd.conf:

We will need to add the following lines to the bottom the file:
Code:
interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.1.100/24

interface wlan0
static ip_address=192.168.1.101/24
You will need to change the router and domain_name_servers IP addresses to the address(es) you gathered above. You will need to change the ip_address for each interface to a value that will be unique on your network. The first 3 numbers will be the same as your gateway, with the fourth being a number between 1 and 255 that is unused. You should be able to see the addresses in use via the interface of your router.

For example, if your router's IP is 192.168.1.1, then you could use 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101.

4. Once all changes have been saved, you can now insert the memory card into your Raspberry Pi and power it on.

5. Using the SSH client of your choice, open an SSH connection to the IP address you entered for the wlan0 interface above. You should now connect to your Raspberry Pi, where you can log in with the default username "pi" and default password "raspberry".

6. You should now update your Pi's system with the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
7. We will now use Raspberry Pi Software Configuration Tool to modify some options. Enter the following command:
Code:
sudo rapsi-config
A. Change your user password using option 1.
B. Set the hostname of your Pi to something meaningful on your network with option 2.
C. I recommend setting the system to boot to the console, requiring the user to log in with option 3, and then B1.
D. Set up your locale, time zone, and WiFi country with option 4.
E. Select "Finish" to save changes and exit the tool.

8. Enable i2c, onewire, spi, and uart by editing the file /boot/config.txt. The following lines will need to be added:
Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=spi=on
dtparam=audio=on
enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=w1-gpio
8. Enable NTP to synchronize the Pi's date and time. Enter the following commands:

Code:
sudo systemctl start ntp.service
sudo systemctl enable ntp.service
9. System configuration is now complete. It's now time to reboot the Pi with the following command:
Code:
sudo reboot
10. Once the Pi has rebooted, re-establish an SSH connection and log in using the new password you set in step 7A above.

11. We can now download and install the reef-pi software. Download the software with the following command:
Code:
wget https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/download/0.7/reef-pi-<Version and Platform>.deb
Check the following site for the latest version: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases. "Platform" refers to the download for the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Raspberry Pi Zero.

12. Once downloaded, install the software with the following command:
Code:
sudo dpkg -i reef-pi-<Version and Platform>.deb
13. Check that reef-pi is running with the following command:
Code:
sudo systemctl status reef-pi.service
You should now be able to connect to the web interface using a web browser on another computer on your network at the following address:
Code:
http://<ipaddress>:8080
<ipaddress> will be the IP address for wlan0 set in set 3B and the IP address used to to SSH into the Raspberry Pi.

Hopefully this will help someone.
Any chance you can add this as a guide under 'additional documentation' section?
This is the relevent repository:
https://github.com/reef-pi/website/tree/master/content/additional-documentation
you can use edit /add pages using github UI straight.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will give you a good overall idea of capabilities of reef-pi. https://reef-pi.github.io/
What particulars are you wanting to get out of a controller?

Well I thought it would be easy to program and setup the hardware, but getting stuck on the Arduino WiFi shield (8266). It’s the older model with no school card slot. All the libraries aren’t working right with this board. Might be a Chinese fake. I bought at a reputable store....

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will give you a good overall idea of capabilities of reef-pi. https://reef-pi.github.io/
What particulars are you wanting to get out of a controller?

So I’ve been looking at the ReefPi site. I want to be able to do some stuff on other than just ambient/tank temp or auto top off. There a few pH boards that look interesting on eBay, but real wary about Chinese products. I’ve been burned ALOT. Is it possible to monitor salinity or some of the other features like variable power etc. that would rival neptune apex. It would be cool to build a par meter component to this design. I’ve found an add on to measure Lumens but not par

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll share some of the stuff I am working on :)
As most of you know, I am aiming for 1.0 release, and I dont really want any major new functionalities in 1.0 release. I want to use the last one month hammering down any bug, polishing the UI and finally making the documentation complete and concise.
So, as part of that focus, I fixed couple of bugs/inefficiencies on UI this week. Here are the things coming in the next release (0.8)
  • The 'system' tab will be now known as 'configuration' tab.
  • All configurations under 'configuration' tab now divided into three sub sections. 'settings' section contains all capabilities (ATO, lighting etc.. which module to enable), controller name, network interface, telemetry (adafruit.io) and reef-pi login credentials. 'connectors' section hold all outlets and jacks details. And finally the 'admin' section h0lds all poweroff, restart, reload, signout etc buttons. Details of individual sections are hidden by default, and user can click to expand them, as and when needed, following are some illustrative screenshots
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.57.08 PM.png
And when user clicked on a specific section (connectors, in this case) it expands,
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.57.33 PM.png

The second changes is the introduction of dashboard tab. If anyone here (probably only @Aaron Smith ) have used reef-pi from very beginning, dashboard used to be there. I had removed it (without deleting the code) from main reef-pi webpage to focus on the other modules. Now that those parts have been developed, I am bringing back the dashboard. I have implemented the bare bone charts, without much alignments considerations, so expect the dashboard to be little clumsy in the 0.8 release, we'll get it in proper shape before 1.0. I need your feedback on the information provided by the individual charts present in the dashboard.

So, my initial implementation of dashboard has one chart for each module. These charts are automatically configured based on enabled modules. Here are few examples:
Dashboard begins with the familiar summary of the controller, (ip, date, uptime, version etc). Then module specific charts. You all are already aware of the temperature chart
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.04.30 PM.png

Second comes the equipment chart. Its a simple chart with each equipment state present in green (on) or red (off). I remember this was being asked by someone in this thread.
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.04.42 PM.png

Third charts shows the lighting settings, one chart per light, each chart has one line per channel. Following is my kessil A80 settings
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.04.58 PM.png

Thats all I have till now.. I plan to improve the temperature chart to include heater/cooler data , and add another chart for ATO module. Finally, I might add a reef-pi specific chart as well (cpu and memory consumption)

happy reefing,

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been looking at the ReefPi site. I want to be able to do some stuff on other than just ambient/tank temp or auto top off. There a few pH boards that look interesting on eBay, but real wary about Chinese products. I’ve been burned ALOT. Is it possible to monitor salinity or some of the other features like variable power etc. that would rival neptune apex. It would be cool to build a par meter component to this design. I’ve found an add on to measure Lumens but not par
reef-pi will have ph/salinity/ORP probe integration via atlas scientific ezo boards. They are lab grade equipment and I am fairly confident they wont fail on us. This is planned for post 1.0 release. Our current focus is to get the basic requirements done (equipment control, lighting, temperature, ato, telemetry and notifications). Doser, ph/orp/salinity is definitely going to be part of post 1.0 release (I would say soon after 1.0 , probably 1.1 or 1.2 , which is early first quarter of next year)

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll share some of the stuff I am working on :)
As most of you know, I am aiming for 1.0 release, and I dont really want any major new functionalities in 1.0 release. I want to use the last one month hammering down any bug, polishing the UI and finally making the documentation complete and concise.
So, as part of that focus, I fixed couple of bugs/inefficiencies on UI this week. Here are the things coming in the next release (0.8)
  • The 'system' tab will be now known as 'configuration' tab.
  • All configurations under 'configuration' tab now divided into three sub sections. 'settings' section contains all capabilities (ATO, lighting etc.. which module to enable), controller name, network interface, telemetry (adafruit.io) and reef-pi login credentials. 'connectors' section hold all outlets and jacks details. And finally the 'admin' section h0lds all poweroff, restart, reload, signout etc buttons. Details of individual sections are hidden by default, and user can click to expand them, as and when needed, following are some illustrative screenshots
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.57.08 PM.png
And when user clicked on a specific section (connectors, in this case) it expands,
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.57.33 PM.png

The second changes is the introduction of dashboard tab. If anyone here (probably only @Aaron Smith ) have used reef-pi from very beginning, dashboard used to be there. I had removed it (without deleting the code) from main reef-pi webpage to focus on the other modules. Now that those parts have been developed, I am bringing back the dashboard. I have implemented the bare bone charts, without much alignments considerations, so expect the dashboard to be little clumsy in the 0.8 release, we'll get it in proper shape before 1.0. I need your feedback on the information provided by the individual charts present in the dashboard.

So, my initial implementation of dashboard has one chart for each module. These charts are automatically configured based on enabled modules. Here are few examples:
Dashboard begins with the familiar summary of the controller, (ip, date, uptime, version etc). Then module specific charts. You all are already aware of the temperature chart
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.04.30 PM.png

Second comes the equipment chart. Its a simple chart with each equipment state present in green (on) or red (off). I remember this was being asked by someone in this thread.
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.04.42 PM.png

Third charts shows the lighting settings, one chart per light, each chart has one line per channel. Following is my kessil A80 settings
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.04.58 PM.png

Thats all I have till now.. I plan to improve the temperature chart to include heater/cooler data , and add another chart for ATO module. Finally, I might add a reef-pi specific chart as well (cpu and memory consumption)

happy reefing,
Ranjib,
This looks awesome!
As always, I am amazed by how much you have put into this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back