reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks just trying get it back moved here a couple years ago lost all my sps coral in the move going soft coral this time, here are some pics of old tank

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG
thats stunning man :)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did I get it all right I want to start putting mine together just need to know I'm seeing and reading it right
Do you need the exact same configuration? i.e. 3 kessil light and 12V moon light ? I would recommend not mixing them, and just go with only kessil or only mosfet (moonlight/led strip) circuits. Circuits involving PWM are very prone to aberrations. I am having a hard time reading the tiny texts, but I think they are mostly correct, or I could not spot any wrong labeling from the first look

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lotus02 have you seen the adafruit guide? The circuit layout has pretty detailed diagrams. https://learn.adafruit.com/reef-pi-lighting-controller/circuit-construction

Agree, the fritz diagrams for the most part detail the circuit construction, however it's only a starting place, most of theses circuits can be done in multiple ways. I'm not an electronic person either but what I found helpful is instead of just trying to duplicate things to try to understand the components and how it works. Takes more time depending on the circuit but makes things easier in the long run.

:)

lotus02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lotus02 have you seen the adafruit guide? The circuit layout has pretty detailed diagrams. https://learn.adafruit.com/reef-pi-lighting-controller/circuit-construction
Have look at the 12v to 10v board layout and the finished board picture to me it looks like only have of it is there but I'm new to this so I thought I would make a PowerPoint file of what think is right. Could not load the file on here so I converted to pic files and posted them. Let's just say if took the layout diagram and put the part I see on it than pull up the picture after they would look the same. But with all that was put in to that with the pictures and the writing up on how to do it think I got
Like I said I'm new and if I start soldering stuff together I'm wrong it's a waste of parts.
Again thank you for making the DIY files.
I was think other newbies like me may get something out of the pictures I made?

lotus02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the other diagrams see how it will make what's in the pictures of the finished board
I was just having a hard time with that power board.
Again thank you to all guys on here for the help.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feature suggestion. I just realized I went the past 4 days with my alkalinity doser disabled. I have a second alkalinity doser rule setup for adjustment and meant to disable it but disabled the one above it instead. The way the drop downs are sometimes its confusing which timer you are working with the one above or the one below. It might be nice to have a disable button next to the calibrate, edit, delete buttons. Likewise it would be nice to have the same next to the timers edit, delete buttons. It would be handy to have a quick button to instantly disable instead of opening up, editing, then selecting the drop down to disable.

Just a thought

lotus02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end mine will be different as I will not have the board in the same box. And I will have a 10v power supply for the kessil lights 12v for moon LEDs. 5v to the pi and pca9685.
This is what I will or try to control:
5 a360we kessil lights.
6 mars black boxes
2 T5 with 2 bulbs on each run at different times
Moon light LEDs
Temperature prob controls heater
Float switch to turn a light on if level low and email me if low and if temp is out.
My phone keeps changing what I type

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feature suggestion. I just realized I went the past 4 days with my alkalinity doser disabled. I have a second alkalinity doser rule setup for adjustment and meant to disable it but disabled the one above it instead. The way the drop downs are sometimes its confusing which timer you are working with the one above or the one below. It might be nice to have a disable button next to the calibrate, edit, delete buttons. Likewise it would be nice to have the same next to the timers edit, delete buttons. It would be handy to have a quick button to instantly disable instead of opening up, editing, then selecting the drop down to disable.

Just a thought
Sounds reasonable. You mind filing an issue on the repo (https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi) ?

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1549578603932.jpg
Question...I have a panel mount DC jack and a terminal block DC jack for the pico board. I know the center pin goes to the positive terminal. Do I solder the other 2 together and to the negative?

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1549578603932.jpg
Question...I have a panel mount DC jack and a terminal block DC jack for the pico board. I know the center pin goes to the positive terminal. Do I solder the other 2 together and to the negative?

Yes, though when a cable is inserted only one makes contact with the outer sleeve (assuming this is a switched contact)

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back