reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ack. Lets do it as and when you have time. You should start observing the daily ph cycle irrespective of the calibration
I've re-enabled pH monitoring, so I should have some stuff to look at when I get back to this. I am very curious as to why this calibration process is giving me such a difficult time.

leolecal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just found this project and I'm amazed. I haven't checked if this question was answered before but can I use the pH monitoring functionality to turn on and off the solenoid of my CO2 cylinder? I want to put the pH probe into my calcium reactor and control the pH inside the chamber.
Thx in advance!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just found this project and I'm amazed. I haven't checked if this question was answered before but can I use the pH monitoring functionality to turn on and off the solenoid of my CO2 cylinder? I want to put the pH probe into my calcium reactor and control the pH inside the chamber.
Thx in advance!
Not yet. The ph feature only allows monitoring and alerting , I am yet to extend it to incorporate equipment action (like temperature or ato controller)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres been way too much tech stuff..
Acan has grown significantly since i removed some zoas and freed up some precious real estate
DSC_1543.jpg

Im slowly grafting zoas to the shaded areas of the main island,

DSC_1547.jpg

green slimer growing faster than all other acros.. i have to trim it. and i would hate to dump it :-/
DSC_1537.jpg

Forest fire digitata.. (did i shared this previously, feels like dejavu)
DSC_1528.jpg

Lepto ..
DSC_1525.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres been way too much tech stuff..
Acan has grown significantly since i removed some zoas and freed up some precious real estate
DSC_1543.jpg

Im slowly grafting zoas to the shaded areas of the main island,

DSC_1547.jpg

green slimer growing faster than all other acros.. i have to trim it. and i would hate to dump it :-/
DSC_1537.jpg

Forest fire digitata.. (did i shared this previously, feels like dejavu)
DSC_1528.jpg

Lepto ..
DSC_1525.jpg

I must admit almost all of the coding info goes right over my head. Nevertheless, I do my best to keep abreast of all the updates and changes happening with reef-pi here and in other build threads too.

I do enjoy the occasional "spam" pics of your corals and such! I would also add that it could be time for some "kids" update pics too! ;)

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Storm mode is neat, but the finer control of the light takes the cake. Since I put my lighting on the pi and have a real sunrise and sunset, you can see fish behaviors that you never seen before, and dont startle the fish.

Bingo, no more white light smashing on at 25% or blues at 100% - All start off and finish at 1% - fish seem much happier! - Its great - I'd just like a touch finer control rather than 2 hour blocks, but if @Ranjib has it in the works i'm a happy camper :D

Zippyfear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my fan set up to run when the temp runs below a value but noticed that the fan turns on and off every few minutes. In an effort reduce the power flipping every few minutes, thought I'd set a macro to turn on the fan, wait 60 minutes, then turn the fan off. but don't see any way to activate a macro on temp value. Am I missing something there, or does that functionality not exist?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my fan set up to run when the temp runs below a value but noticed that the fan turns on and off every few minutes. In an effort reduce the power flipping every few minutes, thought I'd set a macro to turn on the fan, wait 60 minutes, then turn the fan off. but don't see any way to activate a macro on temp value. Am I missing something there, or does that functionality not exist?
That functionality does not exist. Macro are triggered manually or via api, but always explicitly, not based on any condition

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ack. Lets do it as and when you have time. You should start observing the daily ph cycle irrespective of the calibration
Back at home, ready to try again. What should I do, and break it down potato head style.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at home, ready to try again. What should I do, and break it down potato head style.
start with checking if you can signin
Code:
curl -c cookie.txt -X POST -d '{"user":"reef-pi", "password":"reef-pi"}' http://IP/auth/signin
Change IP , user/password as necessary. And let us know if that works, if it works then go for calibration, else lets fix this first

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Code:
curl -c cookie.txt -X POST -d '{"user":"reef-pi", "password":"reef-pi"}' http://IP/auth/signin
Change IP , user/password as necessary. And let us know if that works, if it works then go for calibration, else lets fix this first

Just to be clear, I'm using login information for the reef-pi UI, or the pi itself? Also, should I be using this login information with the IP of the PC, or the reef-pi UI?

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Code:

Running into the same issues no matter what login information I use. Using 127.0.0.1 as the IP, or the reef-pi IP of 192.168.3.187 results in null. Attempting to connect to the PC's IP of 168.192.3.229 results in a failure to connect over port 80. Connection timed out.

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then you should be able to run the calibration command using same ip
I'm using putty to get to the CLI in the reef-pi (x.x.3.187) itself, so the commands im inputting are going directly to the reef-pi. The json files are located on the desktop of my PC (x.x.3.229), as well as the download folder in the reef-pi. Any commands from the reef-pi to the reef-pi result in the CLI returning with null. Any commands to the PC result in a connection failure due to timeout over port 80. I'm missing something here, and I can't figure it out. Should I be executing these commands from the desktop of the reef-pi? I did do a full OS load on it, so it does have a desktop. Should the json files be placed somewhere specific in the reef-pi or my PC? If anyone besides @Ranjib knows how to do this, please let me know. @theatrus, how did you go about calibrating your probes for testing? What am I missing?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back