reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about power controller , yesterday I added driver for dli web power switch pro .
F455B34A-7963-44C1-B87C-EF3D7F248C76.jpeg

this bad boy has 8 controllable outlet and two always on outlet. It’s a made in USA (right here in Santa Clara, CA), has pretty beefy components . It’s still 15A, but not made of plastic stuff like the hs300. It’s bit pricy , 170$. It’s based on local Wifi , has a web interface and no app. I’m yet to field test it, but I’m excited. It was originally brought to my attention by @dmolavi

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A
Have either of you tried looking on Aliexpress?

Aliexpress, Bangood, eBay etc, etc. Yes. The challenge is to find the plugbars that have the relays built in and are "plug and play" like the American DJ Powerbars were. Haven't found anything decent in 220V with the corect socket for my region.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are definitely in my radar. I was seriously considering them couple of weeks back for my home. Finally i went with shelly because of their open ecosystem and being cheaper/smaller. Although I was considering only wifi relays,
That said, sonoff is the next best and made in US, so its on my radar on the list of things i have to write driver for. Let me know if you are using it. One challenge with this sort of thing is testing is harder for me since i dont plan to own it anytime soon. If you or anyone else is using it, and interested in reef-pi integration testing, do let me know.

Sonoff is a brand that's readily available here in South Africa. A lot more reasonable than the TP lInk devices.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sonoff is a brand that's readily available here in South Africa. A lot more reasonable than the TP lInk devices.
I read through the sonoff API stuff.. it looks like the stock firmware does not allow API :-/ , consumers have to flash it with a different firmware to use the API

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through the sonoff API stuff.. it looks like the stock firmware does not allow API :-/ , consumers have to flash it with a different firmware to use the API

I have to admit to being guilty of only skim-reading over stuff that I don't fully understand.

But now that you mention it, I have read comments of people flashing the Sonoff units to get them to do what they want them to do. I didn't realise / understand the reason.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit to being guilty of only skim-reading over stuff that I don't fully understand.

But now that you mention it, I have read comments of people flashing the Sonoff units to get them to do what they want them to do. I didn't realise / understand the reason.
dont worry,. even im saying things based on my limited reading. I think im wrong, in the forum they have mentioned api based on stock firmware: https://community.home-assistant.io...official-rest-api-from-itead-component/123911

When i initially learned about these , from a youtube video, that mentioned flashing the firmware . I like this person's videos: The Hook up

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
help needed
i can't log into my reef pi's and tried to reset the password with no luck
one say failed and the other says credentials updated but still says invalid password at my browser
i cleared the history, tried to log from my phone and all failed
i do not want to start over and lose my settings

pass.jpg pass1.jpg

Crustoceous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted
Figured it out... I used the previous advice and set up a macro that starts at the bottom with the opposite commands that I wanted. The timer triggered from the last command up to the first command, doing the opposite of the requested state. Looks like my water change is working! If anyone is interested how I set it up, I have a solenoid t’d into one of my pumps with 1/4” line... run for 240 seconds is about a gallon. Then switch to my saltwater ATO to fill back up to where the optical sensor is giving it extra time because the pump is slower, while disabling the normal ATO and reenabling when done. Works awesome!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an error in reef-pi but the little x doesn't seem to remove it. I was trying to add a pH sensor with ezo. It pops up on reboot and is blocking my ability to turn certain things on and off. I have remove the pH module, connectors and drives and it is still there.. Do I need to reinstall reef-pi... again?

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 5.05.08 PM.png

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
help needed
i can't log into my reef pi's and tried to reset the password with no luck
one say failed and the other says credentials updated but still says invalid password at my browser
i cleared the history, tried to log from my phone and all failed
i do not want to start over and lose my settings

pass.jpg pass1.jpg
Stop reef-pi and use ‘reef-pi reset-password’ command to change the password .

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any idea why this doesnt work? I have 2 wavemakers both set on opposite timers.. pumps keep turning on and off randomly.. now they are both on, but one should be off..strange..

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG
Your time ranges are overlapping , 1-4, 4-8 etc. I’ll recommend to use discrete time hours for ease of understanding, e,g, pump 1 on hours: 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 , off hours: 0,2,4,6, ... so on.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now 17:29 both off.. I give up.
Don’t give up. Start small. First get the first pump dialed in, I.e. ensure it runs every one hour .. then proceed to the next pump.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t give up. Start small. First get the first pump dialed in, I.e. ensure it runs every one hour .. then proceed to the next pump.
^ this. It took me a bit to get everything set right, but once I got one thing dialed in I followed the same method for others. If you can, get it dialed in before implementing it as a life support function for your production environment. Like anything, when eating an elephant you’ve gotta do it one bite at a time. If you try to eat it all in one bite you’ll never get it done.

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about power controller , yesterday I added driver for dli web power switch pro .

this bad boy has 8 controllable outlet and two always on outlet. It’s a made in USA (right here in Santa Clara, CA), has pretty beefy components . It’s still 15A, but not made of plastic stuff like the hs300. It’s bit pricy , 170$. It’s based on local Wifi , has a web interface and no app. I’m yet to field test it, but I’m excited. It was originally brought to my attention by @dmolavi

I have been using this for a year and love it. Thanks for wrapping up the driver and stay healthy everyone.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you pick it up new, refurbed or used? I've been seeing a number of them on eBay lately.

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop reef-pi and use ‘reef-pi reset-password’ command to change the password .
Thanks for reply
That is what i did as per attached pics
One system said credentials updated but still not accepting the new username and password at the beowser and the other give me failed

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back