reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Simonv92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib going on with tests, I've setup a PCA9685 pwm expander to control leds. Setup works fine, I'm having troubles using the Interval light mode which doesn't turn on the led even if I put all hour at a high level. The other modes works fine. Another problem is that on the Dashboard I can't select the light graph... it always select the health one. all of these on version 3.3.1

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib version 3.x already support the SHT31-D sensor from Adafruit?
I added the driver support couple of weeks back , I’m not sure if it’s in the latest release. If not it will be out in next release (next week )

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib going on with tests, I've setup a PCA9685 pwm expander to control leds. Setup works fine, I'm having troubles using the Interval light mode which doesn't turn on the led even if I put all hour at a high level. The other modes works fine. Another problem is that on the Dashboard I can't select the light graph... it always select the health one. all of these on version 3.3.1
Can you start you own build thread. Let’s keep this thread for general chatter

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had some time to myself today and played around on the enclosure some more. Desided to switch to a pi 0w so internals got moved around. It's still a little rough but getting closer to what I want as far as the layout. Trying to limit the different types of connections so I'm dumping the mini XLR for aviation connectors for price and uniformity sake. Will be dumping 8 pin aviation from my current setup in favor of 3 pin to be used with Michael Lance's viparspectra adapters.

Not sure how it happened but it appears the font size came out huge. I thought I had set it to 5mm but that doesn't appear to be the case....

20200509_181615.jpg

20200509_181600.jpg

20200509_181540.jpg

Should have enough room for 2 DB9s if need be.

mawhins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm in Australia and we run 240v mains and so we are less cavalier about playing with relays to switch mains supply. Has anyone tried sending messages to the wifi enabled power strips? Do they have an API? Mine supports Alexa and Google home, is that closed integration? I couldn't find any documentation on it. It would be awesome to be able to turn those on and off with an API call.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some time to myself today and played around on the enclosure some more. Desided to switch to a pi 0w so internals got moved around. It's still a little rough but getting closer to what I want as far as the layout. Trying to limit the different types of connections so I'm dumping the mini XLR for aviation connectors for price and uniformity sake. Will be dumping 8 pin aviation from my current setup in favor of 3 pin to be used with Michael Lance's viparspectra adapters.

Not sure how it happened but it appears the font size came out huge. I thought I had set it to 5mm but that doesn't appear to be the case....

20200509_181615.jpg

20200509_181600.jpg

20200509_181540.jpg

Should have enough room for 2 DB9s if need be.
Man.. this looks super sleek :) love the xlr connectors

Barclay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, guys, the construction of my Reef-pi is in progress, yesterday the optical sensor for ATO df robot arrived, I tried, it works well.
I would like to add a float switch that stops the pump if the water level exceeds a certain level, I tried with the float switch interrupting 12V on the pump, but after a couple of times it didn't work anymore, someone made something like this ?
thank you all

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man.. this looks super sleek :) love the xlr connectors

Thanks! Those are actually aviation connectors (12mm) I'm trying to get away from XLR and try standardize hole sizes, plus aviation connectors are cheaper. Plus I think they're easier to put together.

Once I get the layout where I want it, going to see how much I can compact it down. May also need look into making some of the walls perforated to save on filament and print time. Plus give it some air.

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had put my reef-pi project down for a year but I am getting ready to finally get my tank wet. Most everything can run without the reef-pi initially (which will be more about data collection and notification) except ATO for which I already have parts for the reef-pi ATO. My reef-pi is mostly complete, I just need to finish case and connectors.

the question: does the reef-pi have the ability to turn the pump off and notify if it is on for n seconds yet? This was a lack of failsafe that concerned me with 2.x when I started the project.

Vadech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi every one,

I try to set up a ReefPi managed aquarium.
Every thing is fine but i'm not able to set my PH meter.
I've plug it on a ADS1115 in I2C.
I'm able to read it with python BUT I'm not able to configure it in ReefPi interface.

What are steps ?
The problem seem to be :
1589123557930.png

1589123582837.png

Thank by advance.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, guys, the construction of my Reef-pi is in progress, yesterday the optical sensor for ATO df robot arrived, I tried, it works well.
I would like to add a float switch that stops the pump if the water level exceeds a certain level, I tried with the float switch interrupting 12V on the pump, but after a couple of times it didn't work anymore, someone made something like this ?
thank you all

I have a high level float switch that cuts 12V to all my ATO related devices if the sump level goes higher than a certain level. I keep it running independant of reef-pi.

peejay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, my setup has started throwing up these error messages every 10sec or thereabouts. Everything is working though.

{"error":"stats for id: '1' not found"} | HTTP 404

Any idea on how to fix that?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, my setup has started throwing up these error messages every 10sec or thereabouts. Everything is working though.

{"error":"stats for id: '1' not found"} | HTTP 404
Any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks.
this is a benign error. when a sensor is created at first, the usage data is not present, this error indicates that. it should go away after some time

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi every one,

I try to set up a ReefPi managed aquarium.
Every thing is fine but i'm not able to set my PH meter.
I've plug it on a ADS1115 in I2C.
I'm able to read it with python BUT I'm not able to configure it in ReefPi interface.

What are steps ?

hello,

the ADS1115 is not working yet, I have one too and I'm waiting for the driver. You must use the hexadecimal address 48, reef pi can detect it but cannot read it

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a benign error. when a sensor is created at first, the usage data is not present, this error indicates that. it should go away after some time

It should go away after the check period set in your temp settings. So if you set to check every 5 minutes (600 seconds, you will see that message for 600 seconds, then it takes the reading and message gone.

If reef-pi was set to take all the first readings immediately, wouldn't that make the "issse" (which isn't really one when you know it's benign) go away?

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

the ADS1115 is not working yet, I have one too and I'm waiting for the driver. You must use the hexadecimal address 48, reef pi can detect it but cannot read it
ADS1115 should be supported by choosing ph-board driver. reef-pi expects i2c addresses as decimals, so try 72 instead of 48. The ph board driver sets up ADS1115 for continuous conversion at 90 samples per second, and then starts converting.

I just realized the ph board uses ADS1119. I've been working on a driver for ADS1015, which may be compatible with ADS1115. Too many numbers that look the same!

Martin Lowry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, So, a noob question.

I have RPi running on the bench in testing and I have tried to execute a macro with a timer as it seemed the best way to setup a feeding cycle to turn multiple pumps off, wait for the feeding cycle and turn them all on again. Seemed pretty straight forward so I went ahead and setup the macro and ran it and it worked perfectly. Then setup a timer to execute the macro and it doesn't work. Did the usual things like reload, reboot, shutdown and restart, recreated the macro and timer, still not working. Running v3.3.1

BTW, I created a timer to turn one of the pumps off for 60 seconds and turn it back on and it worked fine.

Any ideas why a timer executing a macro is not working?

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, So, a noob question.

I have RPi running on the bench in testing and I have tried to execute a macro with a timer as it seemed the best way to setup a feeding cycle to turn multiple pumps off, wait for the feeding cycle and turn them all on again. Seemed pretty straight forward so I went ahead and setup the macro and ran it and it worked perfectly. Then setup a timer to execute the macro and it doesn't work. Did the usual things like reload, reboot, shutdown and restart, recreated the macro and timer, still not working. Running v3.3.1

BTW, I created a timer to turn one of the pumps off for 60 seconds and turn it back on and it worked fine.

Any ideas why a timer executing a macro is not working?

Yes this has been discussed several times, there is a temporary fix some pages back.

Basically, when triggering a macro with a timer, the target macro steps need to be written in reverse order of which you want things to happen and the "reversible" box needs to be checked in the macro tab.

ubasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Im thinking of building a reef pi controller. Is there any way to monitor power usage on the outlets like the apex does?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back