reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

drm2215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef-pi people,

I am having some issues with my equipment control. I am running Reef-pi 3.5 on a Leviathan board on a Raspberry pi 4, and I am controlling a DJI SRP8 Power Strip. I have noticed twice today that my return pump and my two wave makers were off. My protein skimmer, sanitizer, and light were still on. When I try to access the Reef-pi via the web UI I get stuck in a loading loop. I power cycled the box, and I can hear the relays start for a second and then stop. I was thinking it could be from my enclosure overheating as it was lacking airflow but I removed the lid and let it run open and it happened again. It is in a unventilated cabinet so could My other thought is that its overloading the fuse but why would some outlets still work and some not? Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps would be much appreciated.

Thanks

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got the bug with the mobile site. If i try to expand the menu of any temperature sensors, i get "Something went wrong. TypeError: t is undefined". On PC it is fine, and if i use the request desktop site option on the phone (android firefox), the problem is also gone. I assume it has something to do with the graph rendering in that menu, because the expansion works for a splitsecond and the menu is there, and then it crashes, presumably when it tries to render the graph.

1606478028087.png

It's not in the github issues, but i don't have a account there rn to add it
This is with 4.0 and main dashboard?
Im trying to reproduce this on my end. Will be awesome if you file a bug,

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine only started doing it after moving to 4.0 and it only does it on my phone.

My Galaxy Tab has no issues.
Interesting, mine happened during 3.4, I ran an update of the OS and it went away until my battery backup ran out of juice during a power cut, I have been suspecting that my sdcard maybe be slightly corrupt, I might pick up a spare card tomorrow and swap the cards over. I should have a backup anyways, too lazy to do it.....

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cleaned up the "command center" powered by ReefPi 4.0, running on combination of DIY, RoboTank, and Michael Lane's hardware.

Need to set up the dosers, but that's for later.

20201129_174914.jpg

Had to modify the 3d models for the controller and power bar, added mounting tabs so they can be mounted to the board.

Huge thanks to @Ranjib @Michael Lane @robsworld78 for their work!

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to make the temp charts have a min other than 0? Back in the day, I could specify a min and max, but those options are gone now. Does it happen automatically? I'm on 4.0...

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to get the Kasa KP303 to work with Reef-Pi? I know the HS variants work, but I have no clue what would go into getting the KP series to work with it?

Is the same driver able to be used?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to make the temp charts have a min other than 0? Back in the day, I could specify a min and max, but those options are gone now. Does it happen automatically? I'm on 4.0...
Nope. Im planning to ship some fix in 4.1, its an major eyesore for me as well. I had to cut some corners because of time constrain.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to get the Kasa KP303 to work with Reef-Pi? I know the HS variants work, but I have no clue what would go into getting the KP series to work with it?

Is the same driver able to be used?

I have not tested it. If you do end up testing it, let us know your findings.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned up the "command center" powered by ReefPi 4.0, running on combination of DIY, RoboTank, and Michael Lane's hardware.

Need to set up the dosers, but that's for later.

20201129_174914.jpg

Had to modify the 3d models for the controller and power bar, added mounting tabs so they can be mounted to the board.

Huge thanks to @Ranjib @Michael Lane @robsworld78 for their work!
This looks stellar. Im still conceptualizing my tank cabinets. Two for picos, one for the nano. ..

Martin Lowry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp probes and Salt water?

I have these Stainless cased temp probes. I think they came from Amazon. These have not been in Salt water yet and I'm curious as to how they will stand up to the salt over time. Do they need to be encased in something? Calk, Epoxy?
Temp Probe.jpg

Back