reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

sfgabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Ranjib and @sfgabe.

I'm still a noob in reef-pi and home assistant... However the real problem is that I'm not a developer.

I have setup in the telemetry board the setting and I don't have kind of error in the errors board, it means that everything is fine (wrong address, wrong username and/or wrong password shows an error)... but I can't see any new identity in the mqtt integration.

I will ask for support to a friend that is a home assistant expert.

@sfgabe : I read some your articles on the net and in this forum too.... but at the moment it's very hard for me to understand and work with API.

I see that someone else is interested in reef-pi integration in home assistant... lets hope that with the mqtt integration in reef-pi the interest gres up and so that we can create a specific thread to make it easyer.
Glad I could help confuse you. :D
I'll update my build thread with MQTT info when I update my reef-pi installations.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, 4.0 release announcement thread is out: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-pi-4-0-release-announcements.778804 , if you are running reef-pi 4.0, would really appreciate if you share pic of dashboard or build :)
thank you everyone. I want to take the time and thank all of you for your continued interest in this project, being involved in this thread and make the reef-pi community that means everything to this project.

happy thanksgiving

Yov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib and Team great job again! thanks to all for this fine product and al the effort you put in it! I wi lupgrade in the comming weekend as i like to keep an eye on things if anything changes! Is there a fix for the Macro-Timer issue ? If so i need to change the macro's again and i need to know so my Terrarium does not overflow again! :p

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome @Ranjib

I have updated and all went well. I tried out the export db feature in UI and that worked great!

I haven't tried out the Macro stuff yet. Was the issue with Macro's only activating in reverse via Timers and other Macro's ever addressed? And Activating Macros via ATO trigger?

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome @Ranjib

I have updated and all went well. I tried out the export db feature in UI and that worked great!

I haven't tried out the Macro stuff yet. Was the issue with Macro's only activating in reverse via Timers and other Macro's ever addressed? And Activating Macros via ATO trigger?

Curious about macros as well. I haven't updated macros to see if they work without being written in reverse; the ones I have that are, still work as they did.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about macros as well. I haven't updated macros to see if they work without being written in reverse; the ones I have that are, still work as they did.
Yes. The same with me. They should continue to work in reverse as long as the checkbox is ticked I think.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

Reef-pi 4.0 has "fixed" something in AIO. Suddenly I'm getting much more info through to AIO from reef-pi. I never had a problem with throttling due to exceeding the number of feeds on a free account. Since upgrading to 4.0 it's happened a lot. No big deal, I've just deleted the feeds I don't want to show.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

Reef-pi 4.0 has "fixed" something in AIO. Suddenly I'm getting much more info through to AIO from reef-pi. I never had a problem with throttling due to exceeding the number of feeds on a free account. Since upgrading to 4.0 it's happened a lot. No big deal, I've just deleted the feeds I don't want to show.
Yes. There were two different bugs that I fixed around adafruit io integration that went with 4.0, so this is expected.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The same with me. They should continue to work in reverse as long as the checkbox is ticked I think.
The reversible predicate is still required for macros to be used with timer. If there are bugs /not as expected behavior you are seeing, let me know

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome @Ranjib

Not sure about this one. I’ll need details of a github issue if it’s logged.

drm2215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef-Pi folks,
I have my Reef-pi system up and running for light control, temp monitoring, and power control. I realized I have enough parts lying around to spin up another version of Reef-pi, and I was thinking that way I can test some of the other modules and components without taking down my tank. My question is, if I have two complete Reef-pi's, will I be able to switch back and forth between the two systems easily? Specifically if I want to move the sensors and connectors between the two systems without having to reconfigure each system. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef-Pi folks,
I have my Reef-pi system up and running for light control, temp monitoring, and power control. I realized I have enough parts lying around to spin up another version of Reef-pi, and I was thinking that way I can test some of the other modules and components without taking down my tank. My question is, if I have two complete Reef-pi's, will I be able to switch back and forth between the two systems easily? Specifically if I want to move the sensors and connectors between the two systems without having to reconfigure each system. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It is definitely possible and with 4.0 much easier. But to be sure for an exact setup like yours I'll need some details. For example, if sensors and power outlets are all physically wired, then you are all good, you just copy the DB and test the other one in isolation without any worry (since wires are connected to the in-use controller). You can switch back and forth or even migrate individual features (just ato).

This can be complicated if you are using wifi based outlets as both controllers can reach them. If you have adafruit io enabled, then both controller will send metrics.

Ofcourse, all of these can be selectively disabled or powered by some no-op type driver (e.g. use a dummy GPIO outlet instead of kasa driver outlets for the equipment in concern) to mitigate those risks, but the extent of this work will depend upon individual setups

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are dashboard charts for lighting supposed to be working? I try to set up a graph but all it says on the dash is:
"multi channel light charts are not supported".
Thats correct, the light chart UI still does not support multiple channels. We plan to work on it soonish though.. this happened during the arbitrary pwm profile work which allows user to give custom interval, dirurnal, lunar etc profiles

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats correct, the light chart UI still does not support multiple channels. We plan to work on it soonish though.. this happened during the arbitrary pwm profile work which allows user to give custom interval, dirurnal, lunar etc profiles

Gotcha, good deal. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something dumb.

drm2215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely possible and with 4.0 much easier. But to be sure for an exact setup like yours I'll need some details. For example, if sensors and power outlets are all physically wired, then you are all good, you just copy the DB and test the other one in isolation without any worry (since wires are connected to the in-use controller). You can switch back and forth or even migrate individual features (just ato).

This can be complicated if you are using wifi based outlets as both controllers can reach them. If you have adafruit io enabled, then both controller will send metrics.

Ofcourse, all of these can be selectively disabled or powered by some no-op type driver (e.g. use a dummy GPIO outlet instead of kasa driver outlets for the equipment in concern) to mitigate those risks, but the extent of this work will depend upon individual setups
@Ranjib Thanks for your reply. Currently I am controlling a single Kessil A160WE, I have 2 temp Probes, a DB9 connector for power relays, and a single 12V DC in, all of which are physically hard-wired to the boards. I would like to be able to build and test adding PH, possibly dosing and optical sensor in the future. My ideal scenario is I leave my active Reef-pi in place to control my tank, but build my 2nd unit the exact same wiring so if I add a PH circuit to my 2nd I can just unplug unit 1 and plug in unit 2, and all the sensors and outlets, etc would all work the same. Obviously, I would also have the benefit of a backup system should I drop a Pi or take a power spike.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy thanksgiving everyone ,

Attachments

• 740D2A80-DC08-483B-A8DD-64A413DC03BA.jpeg
    740D2A80-DC08-483B-A8DD-64A413DC03BA.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 33
  • E2BD3E5C-42A8-4648-A2B8-7D410D50212C.jpeg
    E2BD3E5C-42A8-4648-A2B8-7D410D50212C.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 194B9FB9-B249-4F7E-8BC5-FC299056C6B8.jpeg
    194B9FB9-B249-4F7E-8BC5-FC299056C6B8.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 5A8A3358-3D87-47EC-8318-7D194CAC68E0.jpeg
    5A8A3358-3D87-47EC-8318-7D194CAC68E0.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 51
  • CA9B4BDE-BEF3-4931-B572-C8513A384B06.jpeg
    CA9B4BDE-BEF3-4931-B572-C8513A384B06.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 36
  • F9459821-1D2F-4685-BB28-B2A10A2B284C.jpeg
    F9459821-1D2F-4685-BB28-B2A10A2B284C.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 32

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got the bug with the mobile site. If i try to expand the menu of any temperature sensors, i get "Something went wrong. TypeError: t is undefined". On PC it is fine, and if i use the request desktop site option on the phone (android firefox), the problem is also gone. I assume it has something to do with the graph rendering in that menu, because the expansion works for a splitsecond and the menu is there, and then it crashes, presumably when it tries to render the graph.

1606478028087.png

It's not in the github issues, but i don't have a account there rn to add it

zee_zout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got the bug with the mobile site. If i try to expand the menu of any temperature sensors, i get "Something went wrong. TypeError: t is undefined". On PC it is fine, and if i use the request desktop site option on the phone (android firefox), the problem is also gone. I assume it has something to do with the graph rendering in that menu, because the expansion works for a splitsecond and the menu is there, and then it crashes, presumably when it tries to render the graph.

1606478028087.png

It's not in the github issues, but i don't have a account there rn to add it
Hi elysics, as a workaround you can view them on your phone in landscape view, although that is how it works on mine ...

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi elysics, as a workaround you can view them on your phone in landscape view, although that is how it works on mine ...
Indeed, I never tried that, though i always used the desktop mode before as a workaround. Slightly annoying either way though, but it's not like i am constantly changing the sensor settings

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back