reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0950.JPG

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished pain job for one of the final pico reef controller housing. It sky blue, all in one (prime + paint) for wood. Golden braces and screws looks nice against the sky blue paint. Here are some pics:
Housing after paint, without electronics mounted in it
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1032 (1).JPG
IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1032 (1).JPG
IMG_1033.JPG

Electronics, display and electrical sockets/switch mounted

IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1039.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Aaron Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks! I am comfortable with assembly, (with direction) but have no clue about the ui or programming. I found the code stuff via your links but am reading up on how to implement once I get the pi running. Parts are due in tomorrow. This is my first venture with pi!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not need any programming or UI staff, other than editing some configuration files in the raspberry pi. I am strong in programming I can address if you encounter any bug, I need help with electronics,

Aaron Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pi up and running. After install of reefpi it says running but when I try to access it the local host rejects me. I am sure it's something not configured right on my Raspbian install? Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What configuration you are using ? Your configuration is in /etc/reef-pi/confirmed g.yml file, can you share that ? Also output of 'ip a s' command, to check what network interface pi is using. Are you accessing the dashboard from other device , like computer or phone or from the pi's display itself ?

Aaron Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What configuration you are using ? Your configuration is in /etc/reef-pi/confirmed g.yml file, can you share that ? Also output of 'ip a s' command, to check what network interface pi is using. Are you accessing the dashboard from other device , like computer or phone or from the pi's display itself ?

Will check it out when I get home. I am having difficulty finding the reefpi files in the pi structure.

Thanks for baring with me. I am a pi noon!

Aaron Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a program search in the terminal shows reef-pi is installed. The config.yml file won't allow me to save any changes. It states can't open file to write. I have the pi hooked to a monitor and am trying to access reef-pi direct from the pi, not from a remote device.

Aaron Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok figured out how to change values in the terminal. What lines do I need to reconfig? I think I'm getting there. The good thing is this process is being tested by someone who's never tempted any programming! I was up till 2 playing with trying to get this going!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
`dpkg -l | grep reef ` will show if reef-pi is installed.
`sudo systemctl status reef-pi.service` will tell if reef-pi programming is running or not. Let me know if you want to do a quick hangout, and we can fix the glitches

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, its running. Is the raspberry pi connected to internet via wifi ? If so, change the config from `interface: eth0` to `interface: wlan0` , also change the address from `address: "localhost:8080"` to `address: "0.0.0.0:8080"` . And restart reef-pi service `sudo systemctl restart reef-pi.service` . You have to be root for all the things (sudo )

Aaron Smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
`dpkg -l | grep reef`, theres a space in betwee dpkg and -l :) .

Figured I'd leave those lines in the pic so you could see that I have no clue!

This is super fun though! I am an electrician by trade so wiring and building is no big deal but programming is foreign to me.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back