reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible issue with alpha 2....I updated the temp chart with a new min/max, restarted reef-pi, but the change hasn't kicked in...

Screenshot from 2019-06-08 12-59-20.png
No bug here, the min max wont change until you DO NOT have a value in the chart thats above or below the min max, so until the zero reading goes away the min max wont change

Kremins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed high memory usage after upgrading to 2.4? Since upgrading about a week ago after a reboot the memory usage climbs until it is all used up which locks up the Pi but a Reload or Reboot clears it up of course. Everything else seems to work great.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Failed to initialize i2c. Error:eek:pen /dev/i2c-1: no such file or directory ok this keeps coming up in my error. What is It?
i2c is enabled ? check with raspi-config

BenB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have been following this project for some time. Great work!!!

I tried to instal 2.4 to a pi 2b+, according to the reef-pi Guide 1: Setup and Demonstration: with updated Raspbian 4.14, systemctl enabled, one wire and I2C selected, /boot/config.txt updated. It works great, only when I use the "enable PCA9685" and reboot, then load Reef-pi in my browser it hangs with a white page and the wording: loading...

When resetting the database I can load reef-pi again in my browser.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I tried to instal 2.4 to a pi 2b+, according to the reef-pi Guide 1: Setup and Demonstration: with updated Raspbian 4.14, systemctl enabled, one wire and I2C selected, /boot/config.txt updated. It works great, only when I use the "enable PCA9685" and reboot, then load Reef-pi in my browser it hangs with a white page and the wording: loading...

Do you have pca9685 attached to the pi ? Anything you see in the log? What browser you are using ?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Welcome to reef2reef :)

BenB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Browser that is build in to raspbian, and Chrome for android.

The log was empty but that can be because i reset the database, i will try Again.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be available to begin testing on the wireless plugs in a month or so. Is that a functionality I can implement on my end, or will it require extensive work in the CLI?

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be available to begin testing on the wireless plugs in a month or so. Is that a functionality I can implement on my end, or will it require extensive work in the CLI?
I have 4 spare TPLink plugs that I can test on...

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed the resources getting used up pretty quickly recently, and when I went to log into the reef-pi, the UI was missing a lot of items. I went to reboot, and that action was delayed by about 10 seconds. I have the pH probe polling at 90 second intervals. Is that too frequent? Should I change it to hourly, or every 30 minutes?

memory creep.JPG

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed the resources getting used up pretty quickly recently, and when I went to log into the reef-pi, the UI was missing a lot of items. I went to reboot, and that action was delayed by about 10 seconds. I have the pH probe polling at 90 second intervals. Is that too frequent? Should I change it to hourly, or every 30 minutes?

memory creep.JPG
We have to cross check if the culprit is reef-pi or something else running on pi. Assuming its reef-pi, I am noticing 20% memory usage increase in past 10 days. Is that assessment correct? Can you share some details around what all you have configured on the reef-pi? I can then reproduce and fix the issue. I am specifically looking at timer, lights, ato, temp controller, ph etc.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the hardware, what changes are required in the reef-pi?
You need to execute a command to create the tplink driver using API (similar to ph calibration), thats all, then you can create outlet using that driver and associate it with an equipment using the normal UI

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back