REEF PI HELP!

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY GUYS

THANKS FOR HAVING ME AND I HOPE I CAN HELP OTHERS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT I'M HAVING HERE!

I have started reef pi with kessil lighting and have read so many post that i need to get new glasses! lol i've followed ranjib and i thought i was on point. first board running 3 kessil lights it seemed i had control at some points. but then again i could only control from 9 to 88 and not 0 to 100. i've read post that it only should work from 1 to 99. i didn't seem to have that success. it also seemed to be reversed so 9 was high and 88 was off. ive also tried 2 temp monitors that were suggested on the form but still not as lucky so im asking for a little help with my build on reef pi.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! Welcome to R2R!!!

AnimationWave.gif

I’m sure others will jump in soon to give you feedback on your electronics.

Last edited:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
david did i post incorrectly? maybe i should have posted somewhere else? this is my first shout out for assistance!

You posted perfectly fine. What you'll find mainly in this section is all our great members wanting to welcome you to the forum.

I might suggest starting a thread in the DIY section. There are several Pi folks there and a wealth of information. In doing so, your specific information and details will be a little easier to sift through later. Just a suggestion.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/do-it-yourself-diy.378/

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY GUYS

THANKS FOR HAVING ME AND I HOPE I CAN HELP OTHERS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT I'M HAVING HERE!

I have started reef pi with kessil lighting and have read so many post that i need to get new glasses! lol i've followed ranjib and i thought i was on point. first board running 3 kessil lights it seemed i had control at some points. but then again i could only control from 9 to 88 and not 0 to 100. i've read post that it only should work from 1 to 99. i didn't seem to have that success. it also seemed to be reversed so 9 was high and 88 was off. ive also tried 2 temp monitors that were suggested on the form but still not as lucky so im asking for a little help with my build on reef pi.

@BADHABITS123 Welcome to R2R!!!

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted perfectly fine. What you'll find mainly in this section is all our great members wanting to welcome you to the forum.

I might suggest starting a thread in the DIY section. There are several Pi folks there and a wealth of information. In doing so, your specific information and details will be a little easier to sift through later. Just a suggestion.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/do-it-yourself-diy.378/
thanks my friend i will will make sure i do more research but being new i'm kinda confused

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BADHABITS123 Welcome to R2R!!!
brandon thanks for the welcome! did you really build your own LEDS? oh boy i will have to check out your thread a lil deeper. i feel the pain with a new lil one. my lil man is almost 2 years old and watches daddies every move. so soldering i leave for bed time lol. thanks again brother.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. Sorry for your trouble. Let me share a few pointers ;
- kessil a360 and a160 series models don’t dim till lowest level . That is , even though it uses 0-10v control , only 1.3 to 10 is what given Flickr free light. Which is why you see it does not work below 11. That’s expected. Set your minimum threshold 11 for that channel. The 0 and 100% behavior is a bug that I fixed in newer reef-pi (2.4)

The temp probe, we have to look at a bit more details . I’ll respond back in few hours

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy crap i feel as the president just liked my post! thanks for you taking the time ranjib!!!!!!! please no need to respond tonight as the ol lady is at a candle lite part and daddy is in charge of lil man. but i know you and several others here are on my side!!!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back