0   0   0

Screenshot (10).png

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. lets debug step by step. Can you unplug control cable from the light and switch all lights in reef-pi to manual profile, and set 50% value . Then with a multi meter measure the voltage on pca9685 at pin 0,1,2 &3. Also measure voltage on all the legs of NPN transistors (three)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And please unplug the controller from the lights, you are likely to bleach those alveopora under high intensity.

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. lets debug step by step. Can you unplug control cable from the light and switch all lights in reef-pi to manual profile, and set 50% value . Then with a multi meter measure the voltage on pca9685 at pin 0,1,2 &3. Also measure voltage on all the legs of NPN transistors (three)
yes sir ill be back lol

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw ranjib i know its probably not the best question to ask due to the fact that im being a thorn in your side right now!!!!!!!! lol buttttttt have you done anything with the current USA lights and pumps on pi? i did see that someone was playing with it a few years back but never found the outcome.

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kessil controller is $100 ive spent over $ to get around it im not sure this was the right choice

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok @Ranjib no voltage out of pca9685 and transistor had 10 volts on the outside leg center was ground
Ok. so lets start from here since this needs to work first. Can you disconnect the transistor circuit from pca9685 and measure it in isolation. When you change light value in reef-pi it should result in pca9685 pin voltage changes. You should also see that value being applied in reef-pi log. If you see any error there, please share a screenshot of that. Also ,can you share the output of this command
Code:
i2cdetect -y 1

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw ranjib i know its probably not the best question to ask due to the fact that im being a thorn in your side right now!!!!!!!! lol buttttttt have you done anything with the current USA lights and pumps on pi? i did see that someone was playing with it a few years back but never found the outcome.
I have not. But i think modding it should be same as blackboxes. I vaguely recall someone tinkering with it in the main thread.

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib hey brother if you get a chance to come up with more ideas please let me know. its coming up on 11:00 here and i cant do another 1am night. but thank you for everything thus far for sure!!!!
Ok. so lets start from here since this needs to work first. Can you disconnect the transistor circuit from pca9685 and measure it in isolation. When you change light value in reef-pi it should result in pca9685 pin voltage changes. You should also see that value being applied in reef-pi log. If you see any error there, please share a screenshot of that. Also ,can you share the output of this command
Code:
i2cdetect -y 1
hahahaha you were reading my mind i read your other post and already did that

OP
OP
B

BADHABITS123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a 40 and 70 on the first line i believe. but for some reason i cant putty in anymore. and its now on the reef with no hdmi

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back