Reef Radiance Dn-55e vs DM-155e

jdwilson128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received my lights from Reef Radiance today and i have to say they are very nice. The only question I have is I ordered the DM-55e (moonlight verison of the DM-155e), but I think I received the DM-155e. I might be be missing something so I wanted to see if someone could tell me a easy way to tell the difference. Again, not unless I'm missing something I only have the option for 2 power cords, 2 channels and I do not see moonlight LEDs in the fixture. Please help. Thanks

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using an external timer, then one power cord powers and controls both the white and colored and the blue and violet LEDs and the other power cord controls the moonlights. The white and colored LED channel has its own power switch - as does the blue and violet channel.

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one power cord controls both your whites and blues ...the other powers your moonlights.

OP
OP
jdwilson128

jdwilson128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds great, but the fixtures I received has rwo power cords. One for the white and colors and one cord for the blue and voliet. That's it no other switches or power cords or channels.

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send Rick a message directly. He will get back with ya pretty fast.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JD have you plugged in the cords and found out if it has the moon lights on either cord ? it could be set up like CKI stated, I'm not familiar with either the 155 or the 55 so I don't know how either works, if it does only have 1 power cord for the day time lights, the blue/white control knobs should still be capable of tuning the day lights to your desired look....if there was a mistake made in shipping, Rick will correct it

OP
OP
jdwilson128

jdwilson128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I spoke to Tara there and she shipped the wrong lights. I might have been fate because the lights I order doesn't given you the option to stagger the whites and blues. They are ran off the same power cord. So no way to make a sunrise or sunset unless you do it manually with the dimmers. I'll keep what was shipped that gives me that option and just figure out a moonlight led later.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I spoke to Tara there and she shipped the wrong lights. I might have been fate because the lights I order doesn't given you the option to stagger the whites and blues. They are ran off the same power cord. So no way to make a sunrise or sunset unless you do it manually with the dimmers. I'll keep what was shipped that gives me that option and just figure out a moonlight led later.

I purchase some of the blue LEDs from walmart that are used for accent lighting inside an automobile and connected a small wall wart 9vdc power adapter to 'em, they are meant to be used with 12vdc but they were too bright, 9volt was perfect for my tank, mine have a small metal bracket to mount to the console or dash doard of a car, I just removed a case screw from the LEDs and mounted 'em on the side of the LEDs, the wires ain't too pretty but the moon light effect is nice :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back