Reef Resource: Books

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,869
Reaction score
122,479
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One important resource that goes hand in hand with this hobby are aquarium and reef related books!

I would like to compile a list of all the best books that are on the market as a reference tool for all of us hobbyists.

Please share your suggestions!

I'll start:

The Coral Reef Aquarium: From Inception To Completion
Author: Tony Vargas
p-78071-61295-fish-supplies.jpg
 
My two all-time favorites are Natural Reef Aquariums by Robert Tulloch
natural-reef-aquariums-simplified-approaches-creating-living-saltwater-john-h-tullock-paperback-.jpg

and The Conscientuous Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner
Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 1.14.57 PM.jpg


One that I have had since the early 90's, and one that I referenced just yesterday is Martin Moe's Marine Aquarium Handbook: Beginner to Breeder.

9780939960071.jpg
 
Rob Fenner: The Conscientious Marine Aquarist
Conscientious_Marine_Aquarist_2nd_ps.jpg


Rob Fenner and Anthony Calfo: Reef Invertebrates Vol 1
reefinvertsvol1front_132x170.JPG


Love the Invertebrates book, it's really the only one out there of its kind that I know of. Too bad there won't be a Vol 2.
 
Good stuff keepem coming!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new