Reef royalty: What is your favorite Angelfish?

What is your favorite Angelfish?

• Bicolor Angelfish

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Blueface Angelfish

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Coral Beauty

Votes: 45 12.6%
  • Emperor Angelfish

Votes: 67 18.7%
  • Flame Angelfish

Votes: 64 17.9%
  • French Angelfish

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Peppermint Angelfish

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Potter’s Angelfish

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Regal Angelfish

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • Scribbled Angelfish

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Queen Angelfish

Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 45 12.6%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Whether it is the magnificent Emperor Angelfish, the unique Peppermint Angelfish, the more common Flame Angelfish, or another type of saltwater angelfish, all these fishes seem to have a majestic presentation. Angelfish for the saltwater aquarium range in size and color markings including ones, like the Emperor Angelfish, that change their coloring dramatically as they mature. Additionally, a few angelfish are considered reef safe, whereas others are better selected for a fish-only saltwater aquarium. If you could pick a type of angelfish, please tell us what species of angelfish you would select and why.

Pro Tip: Although most fish and coral appreciate stable water parameters, this can be even more true with Angelfish. Additionally, look for ways to feed them throughout the day and not just one big meal.

LiveAquaria_PeppermintAngel.jpeg

Photo by @LiveAquaria

This QOTD is sponsored by Nutramar: https://www.qualitymarine.com/nutramar/

NutramarFoodsBanner.gif

“Nutramar’s 100% natural food products are used by public aquaria and breeders around the world. They offer superior nutrition to your most finicky and delicate fish and invertebrates.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Emperor followed by queen and then Potters. I did like my Passer but what a monster !!

Passer:

passer5.jpg

Potters(still have):

potter3.jpg

potter4.jpg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whether it is the magnificent Emperor Angelfish, the unique Peppermint Angelfish, the more common Flame Angelfish, or another type of saltwater angelfish, all these fishes seem to have a majestic presentation. Angelfish for the saltwater aquarium range in size and color markings including ones, like the Emperor Angelfish, that change their coloring dramatically as they mature. Additionally, a few angelfish are considered reef safe, whereas others are better selected for a fish-only saltwater aquarium. If you could pick a type of angelfish, please tell us what species of angelfish you would select and why.

Pro Tip: Although most fish and coral appreciate stable water parameters, this can be even more true with Angelfish. Additionally, look for ways to feed them throughout the day and not just one big meal.

LiveAquaria_PeppermintAngel.jpeg

Photo by @LiveAquaria

This QOTD is sponsored by Nutramar: https://www.qualitymarine.com/nutramar/

NutramarFoodsBanner.gif

“Nutramar’s 100% natural food products are used by public aquaria and breeders around the world. They offer superior nutrition to your most finicky and delicate fish and invertebrates.
I love my regal I got last week! Stunning fish.

Attachments

• 25BCA11F-91F8-4481-BC75-9D4CFE70143A.jpeg
    25BCA11F-91F8-4481-BC75-9D4CFE70143A.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 62

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love angels - So narrowing it down to just one is difficult.

In my reef I have a bunch of angels. But the must have is Goldflakes. The brilliant color and the bright blue lips. To me these are a stunning fish.

Navarchus has to be one of the most beautiful fish there is. The dramatically striking colors.

Asfur in a reef is is a lost beauty. The Blues and Purples in an asfur are out of this world and those colors don't show in our windex colored tanks. But keeping them in my outside frag tanks - Asfurs are stunning.

And another one for me that holds a special place is the Golden Angel. While not the prettiest, nor the most striking, and definitely one of the shyest and least seen fish. I was at an LAX wholesaler when the first batch of Golden Angels arrived in the US. This fish has always held a special spot with me.

And my unicorn reef angel is the Colini - Years and Year and Years for making the best efforts and 6 months is my record with one of these fish (actually 2 of them lasted 6 months). I love these fish, but my wife who is fully supportive of the hobby has told me NO MORE COLINI's. But when I see them and know they have Zero chance of surviving 99% of the places they are going I just have to try.

My Current Angels Are
Regal,
Goldflake (3)
Venustus (2)
Flame Back (3)
Imperator (1)
Bellus (2)
Zebra SwallowTail (2)

Shopping/Looking for - Goldens, Joculator, Interruptus, Yellow belly regal and a few brilliant red flames.

Dave B

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor why I keep toying with the idea of not being so focused on corals. although Sprung has one and corals. There's hope still I finally get one. 40 plus years dreaming.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back