Reef safe magnet

Snoop_90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are some threads about this, ppl mentioned using epoxy, can we use any epoxy? (I've never used it before)

I currently have these magnets and this epoxy, would both of these be safe to use? Do I use use the epoxy onto the magnets and then glue it onto the rocks/frags I want to use?

Magnet
Epoxy

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to that epoxy specifically, so hopefully a true expert will come along shortly, but just wanted to point out that it's a good question to ask as not all clear 2 part epoxies are equal. Quite a few of the 2 part epoxies I've used to cover magnets have developed cracks over years and some are susceptible to UV light. For this reason, I'd transitioned to rubber coating, however that doesn't mean you shouldn't use those products :) I would wait for an expert to weigh in as some manufacturers are clearly using epoxy effectively whereas some DIY projects end poorly after a few years.

OP
OP
S

Snoop_90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm open to other suggestions. I just had these on hand atm. The magnets I had bought a while back thinking they were reef safe. Later saw comments on there saying it wasn't.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back