Reef Safe PVC cement for plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter g6gang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

g6gang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
272
Reaction score
25
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to make an algae scrubber this weekend with rigid PVC pipe from home Depot and am wondering if I need to worry about using certain type of primer and cement for bonding the pipe together. Most of it will be not sitting in water, but obviously water will be flowing through it.
 
I've never had a problem with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new