Reef safe pvc pipe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NE reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NE reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
213
Reaction score
99
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I’m getting ready to upgrade my reef tank into a 90 gallon system. I was in the local hardware store today and found these. Is electrical conduit pvc reef safe? I hope so because it fits perfectly.

768393EF-1170-42A4-AAFA-0557FBB85534.jpeg 693C0EA8-5ACB-4B30-892D-D15638780BBC.jpeg
 
Conduit is not intended to be used in liquid service but given the low pressures in a reef tank plumbing system it should be acceptable from a pressure standpoint. It does not carry the US Sanitary Foundation certifications for potable water, but I expect that it would be fine for a reef tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new