Reef safe wrasse options for 50 gallon cube?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bustyraker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bustyraker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
564
Reaction score
148
Location
Hagerstown MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to find a yelloy coris wrasse near me but cant seem to find anyone with one in stock. I really dont want a sixline I had one years ago and hated it. What are some other wrasse options that arent agressive? I have a small Maxima clam so would need to be friendly with that also.
 
Been trying to find a yelloy coris wrasse near me but cant seem to find anyone with one in stock. I really dont want a sixline I had one years ago and hated it. What are some other wrasse options that arent agressive? I have a small Maxima clam so would need to be friendly with that also.
Possum wrasses are cool. I'm not sure what your substrate situation is like but they don't bury themselves in the sand at night so you don't need a sandbed. AFAIK they won't bother your clam.

My yellow banded possum wrasse was shy at first but now you see him cruising around the rockwork. In terms of aggression it's the most peaceful fish in my peaceful tank.
 
Last edited:
I have a mystery wrasse in my 50gal and its very peaceful. Except around shrimp. Do not put ornamental shrimp in there.
 
Been trying to find a yelloy coris wrasse near me but cant seem to find anyone with one in stock. I really dont want a sixline I had one years ago and hated it. What are some other wrasse options that arent agressive? I have a small Maxima clam so would need to be friendly with that also.
What are the dimensions of the tank?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new