0   0   0
1589157689605.gif

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please, don't take this as me trying to beat on you, and I ask that no one beats down on tehmadreefer. He or she may just be a passionate reefer. WE, at R2R are not here to beat down on members, so lets not start now.
The problem with madreefers post is he puts people down and calls them names. Instead of helping one of the members, he called them a noob instead of trying to educate them. I rather have friendly people that wants to help everyone (even if occasionally they are wrong, plus people usually jump in and correct) instead of laughing at threads and putting people down. I think reef squad is doing a good job and gives mostly good advice. Keep up the good work guys.

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday!!!

Unfortunate you got subpar advice, however balancing the value on a forum like this makes me very grateful to have a community of people collaborating and trying to help. I rather someone tell me something that worked for them even if they do not fully understand the root cause than not have any insight at all. It helps drive the investigation a step further. Rather than get mad, I appreciate they took the time to at least try! Love the idea in the other thread about an expert support panel like "IT SUPPORT DESK", however what would it costs to fund and would everyone or enough people pay? There are service companies that would more than likely offer this type of support at a cost. Seems the hobby is growing quickly and the amount of support required is increasing to a point that makes me have to appreciate the ones who volunteer to at least try to offer advice. This is literally the first forum I have ever joined and was directly due to the same complaint you expressed, however it was towards the LFS's I have visited. Some which actually employee marine biologists..... Vague answers, limited focus while pushing sales. Now I use it as a tool to research and not as a portal to receive a step by step checklists for everything I may encounter although it would be awesome. Hopefully even though you are not satisfied with certain aspects, you can come to appreciate those in the community that are really trying to help get us to our answers as best as possible!

BTW - I am NOT ReefSquad, just a fellow hobbyist who is fairly new to the forum!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back