reef supplements

GMguy496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone this is my first post on the forum! im a noob when it comes to reefing so i planned on using seachem reef fusion 1&2 reef iodide and reef plus was wondering if these supplements would work for me i only plan on keep lps zoas and shrooms for now bc thats what my tank is set for i have a 96w 4 bulb t-5 light on a 37 gal tank dem 30x12x22 im running bout 200gph out of the sump and i have a koralina 425 ph so im not set for sps alot of people on another forum said i should just do wc to keep my levls up but if my parameters ie ammonia nitrite nitrate r good i would rather not do a wc unless i have to. so would these supplements work for what im trying to do?

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R GM! I agree with those on the other forum to just do water changes. It replenishes everything without the cost of dosing supplements. I'm sure others will chime in and give pointers and recommendations. Good luck!

Mr tap water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I agree with the above doing regular water changes will be enough for what you have in mind you only need to start dosing really when you start adding things Like sps, Lps Also Dosing things like iodide You would need to test your water regularly as overdosing will kill your fish it's best just to keep it simple for what you have At the moment good luck.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have any coral then you don't need to dose yet. Even with only a few small pieces of coral you can do bi-weekly water changes maybe longer depending on the size and type of coral.

I have a lot of zoas and some lps and a couple sps, I usually do a weekly 5 gallon water change on my 55. Sometimes I do 2 weeks, it depends how my coral are doing. If I notice any thing I don't like I will do a w/c basically.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ya, WELCOME!!
No need to suppliment Iodide.
You can use the Reef Fusion Calcium, but don't use the ALk booster, for that just use Baking Soda, and you don't need alot of that to get your Alk up either. But if you still want to use those, then yes, they will work for you. You can also add in a Trace Elements if you plan on going a long time inbetween WC. Watch your water params, that'll let you know when you need to. Im one of the crazies that goes 6 months without a WC. I dose whats needed. But the corals you plan on keeping aren't going to use up much in the tank.

OP
OP
G

GMguy496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank u for everyone's input on the matter im really glad there r fourms like this bc it makes it easier to get the opinions of others with exp bc in my exp in fresh water alot of times lfs's r just trying to sell u stuff and as far as saltwater i had 1 that gave a buddy of mine such wrong information that he just kept killing stuff so he would keep coming back to buy more he eventually quit bc nothing would stay alive and just kept giving excuses on why things were happening

OP
OP
G

GMguy496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ya, WELCOME!!
No need to suppliment Iodide.
You can use the Reef Fusion Calcium, but don't use the ALk booster, for that just use Baking Soda, and you don't need alot of that to get your Alk up either. But if you still want to use those, then yes, they will work for you. You can also add in a Trace Elements if you plan on going a long time inbetween WC. Watch your water params, that'll let you know when you need to. Im one of the crazies that goes 6 months without a WC. I dose whats needed. But the corals you plan on keeping aren't going to use up much in the tank.

why should i not use the alk booster?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you when Baking Soda is much much cheaper.

kes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the beginning, I would just simply rely on good regular water changes. In my 120g mixed reef, initial 5 years, I never dosed anything besides kalkwasser for replenishment of evaporated water, and all of my SPS grew into big, beautiful colonies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

Back