Reef Tank Build REGRETS! Go!

ReefStash

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2020
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,345
Location
Naples
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reef tank build regrets! Who’s got them??? What would you change with your current build. Drop a comment…

28A91B27-72A8-481A-A2BC-F127B621EF8A.png

#ReeftankLife #myreeftanklife #reefstache #reeftank #reeftanks #reeftankbuilds #reeftankregrets
 
I regret adding a school of lyretail damsels to my tank and not putting more space behind my tank and wall. I’d like to be able to get back there to clean the glass more easily.

C78F3317-041B-4FB5-8AFF-123FE9FD2A2E.jpeg

F86E6200-1887-4C93-9AE5-278B09C8353C.jpeg
 
kind of regret using rock with fake coral now because I want to start adding real coral
IMG_20230121_085814.jpg
 
My current tank has been running over 2 years and have no regrets as for as setup goes. All my equipment was properly researched and bought within budget. All my coral selections and placements have been fine. All my fish purchases have been well thought out. Then last month a local reef bud asked if I could take a coral that was struggling and I said sure. He swore that he had been dipped in everything possible and that was the reason it wasn't doing well. I have now have flatworms because I didn't dip on my own. THAT is my first and only regret with my tank.
 
My rocks are too close to the sides of the aquarium. not really getting good flow through there...lots of algae.
Been there! It’s too easy to add too much rock and too close to the glass. Almost have to make yourself cut back 25% of whatever you think is good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new