Reef Tank Goblins

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Logzor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
2,563
Reaction score
324
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never ceases to amaze me, the strangest things happen to my reef, but only when I'm out of town. I always either have someone stay at the house or stop by a couple times a day to monitor the aquarium. Every single time I get a call about something falling, breaking, etc. Just recently, for example, I was out of town and I get a call that the MP60 dry-side fell of and magnetized itself to a nearby metal step-stool, while it was still running (imagine the sound that it would have created). This has never happened, the magnets are extremely powerful.

Another time, the skimmer tipped over and was spilling water outside the sump. During vacation the ATO tube somehow came out of the reservoir, so no water was pumping. The list goes on and on.

Luckily, all of this issues were caught before anything became a problem. Must be goblins tinkering with the reef while I'm away.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new