Reef tank in apartment

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I will be in the exact boat you are, I’ll just have to throw a blanket overtop when I call maintenance! lol
exactly! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: the previous maintenance guy loved my tank- but last time i called i ended up w/the new maintenance mgr (!!!!) & i was flipping out on the inside :eek: i definitely saw him giving my tank some sideways glances but he didn’t say anything :grinning-face-with-sweat::grinning-face-with-sweat::grinning-face-with-sweat: it’s definitely nerve wracking haha

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
exactly! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: the previous maintenance guy loved my tank- but last time i called i ended up w/the new maintenance mgr (!!!!) & i was flipping out on the inside :eek: i definitely saw him giving my tank some sideways glances but he didn’t say anything :grinning-face-with-sweat::grinning-face-with-sweat::grinning-face-with-sweat: it’s definitely nerve wracking haha
I can only imagine! I’m guessing you didn’t tell your landlord and just brought it in lol. What size do you have and which floor are you on?

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely paranoid lol i’d never normally take the sneaky route, but i was told the property manager saw him move it in and said nothing so I thought okay great- unspoken approval… a week later i met the new property manager!!! Grrr lol it’s just a little Biocube 14 - and we’re moving soon- but I’m paranoid every time i call maintenance… i’m super attached and would park the tank with a friend or fast track moving if needed. I can’t imagine getting rid of it.
I would not be worried AT ALL with anything less than 40 gallons. Even 75. But if it takes 4 guys to move it, then you might want to seek approval.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back