Reef Tank Time Machine

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have all, at some point, had that one coral or invert we wish we never would have introduced to our tank!! Maybe our system crashed, chemical warfare commenced, a crab ate all of your favorite starfish, a starfish ate all of your favorite corals... These things happen. These are the lessons we learn in the hobby. We move forward and keep on reefin'!

1. What coral/invert did you introduce that you wish you didn't? *Let's keep it specific to corals/inverts.*

2. What happened?

3. What did you learn?

Happy Reefing!
-Anthony

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
red cloris wrasse..never again in 240 full blown sps dom,was picking up corals/chalices 3x3 and flipping and moving...a weeks worth of h e double hockey sticks to catch to remove..."but he was soo cool looking" :rolleyes: :mad:;)

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest lesson learned is a real deal quarantine tank . Not that all hitchhikers are bad..However, I've had a lot of unpleasant ones that have been a real PITA, again on that same token my biodiversity within my system is phenomenal.

When I first entered the hobby I didn't quarantine anything and just acclimated things right into my only tank at the time. I didn't even dip my corals!

Fast forward a year, everything gets quarantined now and I have a good amount of medication and vitamins for my fish and corals in the event that anything becomes off and needs attention. I'm still fighting some of these pests that all came in on frags, ( currently massive aiptasia ) ! Just had some nudibranch delivered today to help combat that problem.

That's been my most expensive lesson!

QUARANTINE and DIP EVERYTHING and manually looking for unwanted hitchhikers is a given anymore.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sleeper banded goby was probably my worst. Oh the sand storms and ticked off corals! Such a cool looking fish though!
a crab ate all of your favorite starfish, a starfish ate all of your favorite corals...

Fwiw I once watched a giant starfish eat a big healthy crab or 2.... Sad day

Back