ReefBot Lab: The Newest all-in-one Testing Machine from Reef Kinetics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tmnails

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my second unit for the other tank today setup and going live seemed to go much smoother already; the unit is happily testing away as I speak.
Do you think that's because you know what you're doing with it now, or because they've made improvements?

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I have two reefbot v2s. At one point I had three of them. I think they are solid units for your weekly testing. I found the v2s fairly loud which is why I ran tests only when out of the house. I wish they allowed for automated dosing.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have an integrated dosing unit coming to market the told me

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd unit has gone smoother I think, due to my own network being more stable, it's not perfect but they are working better. I can not get the API calcium to work well so I have had to go to the RedSea calcium kit reagents. I think the API reagent #2 needs more agitation before extraction by syringe. I have given this feedback to support I wish there was a way to define the agitation time for reagents.

Greg Gdowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what is giving me second thoughts on this unit is the inability to link it to my controller (hydros) so that I can control things based on test results - automatically. If I could do that, I would be all in.

BiCoastal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jonty which test kits do you recommend for various test? I want to start with all, calcium, NO3 and PO4. I got the reefbot lab a couple of weeks ago but haven’t had a chance to put it together yet. Might as well order the test kits.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jonty which test kits do you recommend for various test? I want to start with all, calcium, NO3 and PO4. I got the reefbot lab a couple of weeks ago but haven’t had a chance to put it together yet. Might as well order the test kits.
I currently run salifert KH, Redsea MG, API calcium, Red sea low range PO4, Tropic Marin NO3 Pro.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of the obviously 3D printed parts. When they don't smooth after, it looks so cheap.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re wasting your money with this company.
These machines will keep you working all the time just so that it works right.
Biggest regret I’ve had on purchasing equipment in this hobby.
Hello! We are sorry to hear that. Please give us your contact info, we will fix your device and make sure you do not face any issues with it anymore.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of the obviously 3D printed parts. When they don't smooth after, it looks so cheap.
We're not fans either! :( We never use the 3D printed parts on any major parts or any sensitive places, but it helps in keeping the device price as low as possible. However, we print the parts in high quality and they have showed good resiliency within the years

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two reefbot v2s. At one point I had three of them. I think they are solid units for your weekly testing. I found the v2s fairly loud which is why I ran tests only when out of the house. I wish they allowed for automated dosing.
Sooner than you think ;)

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have being waiting for something like this for quite some years now, i glad you guys made it work,
But in my opinion, this is to early for me to spend around $1.3k on product that don't have much reviews yet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back