Reefer 250 with Limited Clearance

Ocean_dreamer89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my electrical board, inspired by week 6 of Bulk Reef Supply's 52 Weeks of Reefing video. I decided to put the electrical board next to the tank rather than underneath to keep it farther from saltwater, improve access, and leave room for the ATO reservoir under the tank.

IMG_1898.jpeg

Front of the electrical board. The ATO controller will be placed in the upper left position. Power strip is a Kill-A-Watt.

IMG_1896.jpeg

Back of the electrical board. Transformers are attached to the plywood with Velcro. Wires are organized with twisty ties and these Velcro wire ties, which I screwed to the plywood. The outlet box at lower left allows one heater controller (top center on front side) to be the redundant high-temperature cutoff for two heaters in the sump.

IMG_1907.jpg

Black Krylon paint over hardwood veneer plywood left over from another project provides a good color match to my Reefer 250 cabinet.
All of that looks great!! Very clean and organized. It looks like an extension of the stand in the last picture!

OP
OP
Longmont

Longmont

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Longmont what is the control device in the center front of the controller board? You’re progressing nicely. What ATO are you going to use?
@powers2001: The controller at center top is a JBJ heater controller. I'm using it as a redundant high-temperature cutoff in case one of my two Aqueon heaters gets stuck on. The center middle controller is Maxspect DC 6K return pump controller. Upper right is the Maxspect gyre pump 2K controller. I'll be installing a Tunze 3155 ATO system soon.

IMG_1898.jpeg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@powers2001: The controller at center top is a JBJ heater controller. I'm using it as a redundant high-temperature cutoff in case one of my two Aqueon heaters gets stuck on. The center middle controller is Maxspect DC 6K return pump controller. Upper right is the Maxspect gyre pump 2K controller. I'll be installing a Tunze 3155 ATO system soon.

IMG_1898.jpeg
@Longmont is that the Maxspect Jump pump or a different Maxspect return?

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the return and gyre pump are the Maxpsect Jump series. I also have the Maxspect Jump lights. So far satisfied with all of these
@Longmont I’ve seen video reviews on all three plus Jump skimmer on Premium Aquatics YouTube channel and all look like great products. If the Jump skimmer was controllable with an Apex I’d be very tempted to get one as it would match my build theme and seems to have an excellent price point for its quality.

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a great aquarium, I have the same one. I have a ton of rock in mine that allows me to have more fish. I have a total of 11 Caves and a section that's totally hidden for the fish to sleep. Makes a bug difference.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back