Reefers Anonymous? Coral Addicts Anonymous

Coral Memere

There's always room in the sand!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2021
Messages
2,909
Reaction score
2,783
Location
The woods of Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I'm DONE buying corals!!! (For now)

"My tank is too full and I'm NOT UPGRADING AGAIN!!!" (right now)

"Oh look! An email from TG! (SBB, ASD, LRO, RnB) Their ______ is 1/2 off! Ohhhh THAT'S been on my wishlist, forever!!!! There may be room on that credit card I keep in the drawer. Look!! Score!! I have rewards points not used! That's free shipping!!!" (Today)

We are all nuts! We can't stop! We need meetings! There is a power higher than us and we are powerless over it... And by that, I mean the ocean!

"Reefers Anonymous" has too many double meanings.
"Corals anonymous" is a store.
"Coral Addicts Anonymous??? (CAA?)"
"Friends of Nemo"

I used to save coral purchasing for my birthday and Xmas.
Then I bought myself a get well present, last spring.
THEN Hubby said, "If you like it, get it." To quote Brandon Hill, "Oh my land!" There went my slippery slope. (Not to mention the whole, "hey, hon, look at this 500g tank I found for sale online. Think we can stock it?".... Hold my beer/coffee/water.)
Now:
I made the resolution Monday: NO MORE until the tank is filled and cycling and we see what room we have.
Today: I found room on the card for TG on Wednesday. *Sigh* (and YAYYYYY!!! They have $50 off the elegance on my wishlist!!!!) oh... Ahem...

How long has your "I'm not buying corals" resolution lasted?

What's your best "break my resolution" deal?

When should we hold our meetings? We've kinda made a start during the zooanthids.com live sales Tuesdays & Saturdays... But that's like holding an AA meeting at the Elks Club.
 
1729000712797.png
 
"I'm DONE buying corals!!! (For now)

"My tank is too full and I'm NOT UPGRADING AGAIN!!!" (right now)

"Oh look! An email from TG! (SBB, ASD, LRO, RnB) Their ______ is 1/2 off! Ohhhh THAT'S been on my wishlist, forever!!!! There may be room on that credit card I keep in the drawer. Look!! Score!! I have rewards points not used! That's free shipping!!!" (Today)

We are all nuts! We can't stop! We need meetings! There is a power higher than us and we are powerless over it... And by that, I mean the ocean!

"Reefers Anonymous" has too many double meanings.
"Corals anonymous" is a store.
"Coral Addicts Anonymous??? (CAA?)"
"Friends of Nemo"

I used to save coral purchasing for my birthday and Xmas.
Then I bought myself a get well present, last spring.
THEN Hubby said, "If you like it, get it." To quote Brandon Hill, "Oh my land!" There went my slippery slope. (Not to mention the whole, "hey, hon, look at this 500g tank I found for sale online. Think we can stock it?".... Hold my beer/coffee/water.)
Now:
I made the resolution Monday: NO MORE until the tank is filled and cycling and we see what room we have.
Today: I found room on the card for TG on Wednesday. *Sigh* (and YAYYYYY!!! They have $50 off the elegance on my wishlist!!!!) oh... Ahem...

How long has your "I'm not buying corals" resolution lasted?

What's your best "break my resolution" deal?

When should we hold our meetings? We've kinda made a start during the zooanthids.com live sales Tuesdays & Saturdays... But that's like holding an AA meeting at the Elks Club.
Wait, where is this elegance of which you speak!? I don't have room for it. But maybe I can move something.
 
Wait, where is this elegance of which you speak!? I don't have room for it. But maybe I can move something.
DM me your email and I'll send you my copy from TG.

There's ALWAYS room in the sand!
 
We've probably never started meetings because, like some NA meetings, we'd just pass on who the better dealers are! (Case and point, JoJo's & my post )
 
Better to just admit we’re helpless against the pull of fresh coral in the tank…hence Corals Admittedly where always admit nothing except the corals :cool:
 
The first step to knowing you have a problem buying coral is admitting you have a problem buying coral

Season 2 Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Better to just admit we’re helpless against the pull of fresh coral in the tank…hence Corals Admittedly where always admit nothing except the corals :cool:
You're so healthy for me! I'm glad we're friends!
 
DM me your email and I'll send you my copy from TG.

There's ALWAYS room in the sand!
Yes, plenty of room in the sand..
1729008478766.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 1729008401349.jpeg
    1729008401349.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 71
The first step to knowing you have a problem buying coral is admitting you have a problem buying coral

Season 2 Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I'm pretty sure you can squeeze one more order in before admitting to the problem.
 
The first step to knowing you have a problem buying coral is admitting you have a problem buying coral

Season 2 Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Then there’s no problem. I don’t have a priblem. Really…
1729008885968.gif
 
We've probably never started meetings because, like some NA meetings, we'd just pass on who the better dealers are! (Case and point, JoJo's & my post )
Lol every meeting
1000002649.gif
 
I'm pretty sure you can squeeze one more order in before admitting to the problem.
Here's my willpower at work!!!
IMG_20241017_153853988_HDR~2.jpg

She arrived today and is GORGEOUS!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new